Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do. I consider that an example of the very mindset I have a problem with. "Get out of our way, we have pixels to acquire!" Those silly raids aren't more important than anything else. Why are the people who're just trying to play the game supposed to be "careful" while the pixel-sick raiders run willy nilly all over everything? To heck with that. To that end, Call of the Hero down to lair works better since it keeps the pixel-mongers out of everyone else's hair. Let them fight amongst each other all they like as long as they leave the rest of the game alone. Any alternative rule set should strive to do the same for everyone's benefit rather than for the benefit only of the raid crowd.

Danth
I mean exactly that has been going on in KC and Velk's.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:19 PM
Banned

Old 02-11-2021, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean exactly that has been going on in KC and Velk's.
KC is undoubtedly more disruptive. The only people who are in real danger from a Seb race is one camp. And you can very very easily just sit in a corner at King out and not get trained. Especially with /shouts 5 minutes, 4 minutes, 3 minutes. No excuses there.

This discussion is kind of mad. asking 3-6 players to be careful for 15 total minutes a week isn't "The raid scene assuming everything is theirs" my lord. Everyone at NG would easily be safe. C/E Disco and ABC would have no clue the race was even on. If there was a group clearing down, they would have all the time in the world to get to safety briefly.

IN fact, you could take this a step further, and require the guilds to kill all the frogs on the top floor. At that point, we're talking about training 3 frogs past a safe king camp and them waiting for it to path back. Fuck it, you could require them to kill all the frogs on the top lair and the 3 frogs in jail. It would take 2 minutes. (If there is even anybody at King, which I assume is currently perma camped on Green)

Too much thinking inside of the box going on
Last edited by Twochain; 02-11-2021 at 05:37 PM..
Old 02-11-2021, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bruh what are you talking about, half those guilds were killed by the staff lol
From what I heard, TMO was already a shell of it's former self before the froovy gate or the great RMT ban wave happened. Could be wrong though.

Rampage AW AM (And maybe)RIOT were all top dawg post velious guilds that naturally came and went.
Old 02-11-2021, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

Each guild rolls. Two highest rolls, an offcier from both guilds duel to the death. Winner takes the mobs. This isnt need for speed, why are we racing to a target?
Old 02-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each guild rolls. Two highest rolls, an offcier from both guilds duel to the death. Winner takes the mobs. This isnt need for speed, why are we racing to a target?
Guild gladiator events is the best idea I've heard yet.

Think of the hype potential. Definitely a better meta than Need for Speed 99.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 02-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2021, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fed doesnt exist anymore.

Normal people with a life are bot interested in smoking 16hrs or waking up at 3 am within 2mn for a batphone sorry, that's a seal team thing.

If you're not happy with gm decision I suggest you build yourself a server.
16 people could take 1 hour shifts on a coth mage.

People all over the world are awake at 3am EST.

I'm a Night Owl, so I've made plenty of 3am raids. The amount of times i've woke up out of dead sleep to kill a raid mob over the last 4 years is probably like twice.

Regardless of what you're saying (And i'm not disagreeing that 16 hour long windows suck) people have raided p99 hardcore exactly as you describe for a decade.

Imagine rolling on Green, a fresh server where leveling is 40 times harder than leveling on Blue, attracting the most hard core players with the chance at legacy items, and being surprised that the raid scene is as hard core as the Blue server's has been for the last 10+ years.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't hate the idea, and appreciate a new take other than "rotate the mobs because durr mario kart". But this would undoubtedly also fall into Seal Team's favor.

We're not talking about a racing game. We're talking about ways to settle mobs without it being a freebie or a 16 hour poopsock. Again, everything that happens post race would play out exactly as a classic EQ raid would.

Racing has an element of chance to it. It's also very, very fun. I don't ever see raiders who played in the FTE lockout era complain that it wasn't fun back then.

Actually, in fact, the only complaints i've ever heard about it, was that Sirken made the race/lockout rules in order to give casual guilds a chance... and they rarely attended them, so he did away with it.

Rushing from the start of seb all the way down to trak's lair for FTE requires team coordination at best(GROUP DA, Eating trains, etc), and a certain amount of dumb luck at worst. I wouldn't necessarily want to be in pole position running through the mushroom caves unless I was DA'd.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This same guy told me that he missed the birth of his son because he was raiding
wow that is pathetic
Closed Thread