Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2021, 06:34 PM
Orc

Default Definitive P99 Everquest Classes Tier List

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome to the ultimate and definitive classes tier list. This is the most well researched and well composed document on the subject of classes in Everquest, presented in a easy to read and popular Tier List format.

Without further ado, I present the presentations

Bard

S-Tier

Any class that can level 1-60 by running while naked is deservedly in a class of its own. This S-Tier class can do it all and makes a reasonable replacement for any of the classes its seeks to emulate. Fun and easy to learn hard to master class. Great at all levels.

Cleric

A-Tier

Absolutely essential class if not among the most boring of the classes on this list. The best clerics are group coordinators and people who are super attentive and it is not a class for everybody. Never wait long for a group and get lots of wicked gear easily. Easy mode class.

Druid

C-Tier

The most overplayed class in the game. They offer great utility of a very specific kind but are effectively useless in a group setting, being outpaced in all areas by other classes in a major way. Great for Power-levelling, porting, and soloing. Easy class, not quite the best at anything other than generating passive income but the second best soloers.

Enchanter

S-Tier

The most overpowered class in the game, if you can handle it. Enchanters have the capability to effectively solo almost all available non-raid content. The trade-off being that its a high-stakes affair with charming mobs being your main bread and butter. Also super effective in groups and highly sought after, if you can manage the maniac playstyle you will be able to pick and choose your content at will.

Magician

B-Tier

Big pets, medium explosions. Mages do one thing and one thing well, summon stuff. Most people rate them highly as a DPS class for their pets but the summon utility actually makes them well suited for a number of situations and they can be incredibly effective solo or as a group (especially of mages). Fun to try to break the game with. Not an easy class. Lots of quests and rare items are required to be top-tier.

Monk

A-Tier

High survivability is the hallmark of this powerful class. As the only melee only solo-viable class they are much more capable than their no-mana-having-ass brethren. Feign Death and Mend are a powerful combination in both solo and group situations. Adding good gear on top of this classes natural abilities makes it even more powerful.

Necromancer

A-Tier

The king of solo. Necros offer a lot of fun utility for playing solo as well as supporting groups. They have arguably the best overall summoned pets in the game (in contention with mages) but are able to solo much more easily. Even though they are a very solo focused class they do have uses in higher level group situations. Medium difficulty class to play.

Paladin

E-Tier

The least rolled class in Everquest and with good reason. While likely the best tank for shear survivability and with some ability to solo undead this class is outmatched in all of its main strengths by other classes which you can find more readily. They do some some cool race and gear options but basically one of the worst overall.

Ranger

(Up to) E-Tier

I've listed them at E-Tier instead of Z-Tier because i firmly believe and have seen with my own eyes that if someone spends their time, gets all the best clickies, all the best in slot gear and becomes a ninja with all the skill mechanics Rangers can achieve possible E-Tier, maybe even D-Tier. I believe its possible.

Rogue

F-Tier

One of the most interesting classes in the game. It has reasonable DPS output but in terms of its overall use in groups, solo, the levelling experience and so forth I gotta put em at F. Definitely an solid RP choice but with high emphasis on tradeskills to be effective and ultimately becoming the 'drag my corpse' and 'unlock this door' guy they're just not that great. Cheap to gear and easiest Epic Quest bar none.

Shadow Knight

B-Tier

The best overall tank is coming in at a B due to their low DPS output and soloing being possible but very difficult. They are incredibly group effective and dependent as is normally the case with tanks. The inherent XP penalty on all SKs also can make the levelling experience much more punishing. Troll SKs are ridiculous though. Hard class.

Shaman

S-Tier

Incredible solo and group viability. As well, they get some broken spells like Torpor. Slow to warm up as you level but the buffing potential will make you highly sought after and your survivability and utility makes you as a super effective soloer and duo partner. Medium difficulty class.

Warrior

D-Tier (but swings all over the place)

The most gear dependent class in the game by a long shot. Makes it hard to pin down on this list but when taken in the average and scored overall in all categories Warriors rank very low. No solo capability and out classed as a tank in most situations up until raiding where your gear is in check make this a tough pick for a wide variety of players.

Wizard

E-Tier

Nuance is really not a Wizard's thing. This extremely one-track class has one major function. Press 1 to delete mobs. Very boring to play in a group but extremely high DPS. Almost no utility outside of DPS except for teleporting which gives them a slight bump in viablity due to passive income generation built right in.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Banned

sorry but my brain cells committed suicide reading this
Old 03-14-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

No love for Rogues

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 03-14-2021, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Idk I might argue swapping rog/war but, this research seems sound enough that you know what youre talking about.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

What?! This rating list is an E-tier.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 03-14-2021, 08:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nuance is really not a Wizard's thing. This extremely one-track class has one major function. Press 1 to delete mobs. Very boring to play in a group but extremely high DPS. Almost no utility outside of DPS except for teleporting which gives them a slight bump in viablity due to passive income generation built right in.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

shaman and Enc 1st tier

Monk, bard, and necro 2nd tier

Warrior, Cleric, Rogue 3rd tier

Druid, Mage, Sk 4th tier

Ranger, pal, wiz 5th tier
Last edited by ScottBerta; 03-14-2021 at 09:30 PM..
Old 03-15-2021, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Is your day job writing those clickbait listicles designed to get outrage clicks and comments?
Old 03-16-2021, 06:18 PM
Orc

You are probably the reason that i chose Necro as my starting character coming back to P99, thanks for wasting several months of my time. This tier list is shit. Rogue is the worst class in game? decent RP class? LMAO
Old 03-16-2021, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shaman and Enc 1st tier

Monk, bard, and necro 2nd tier

Warrior, Cleric, Rogue 3rd tier

Druid, Mage, Sk 4th tier

Ranger, pal, wiz 5th tier
this