Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: At what point is it better to start on the blue server instead of green?
Never, stay the course 36 32.73%
When the sleeper is awake 15 13.64%
Go to blue now for (reasons) 37 33.64%
Try red instead 22 20.00%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Swish hit the nail on the head unfortunately.

Green is just another beta server.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

The lower level and pick up group experience, and the overall population numbers, are only slightly better on green than blue at this point. Blue is still more top heavy overall, but green has become mostly top heavy itself.

If you don't mind soloing (and pick up groups at low to mid levels have become more and more scarce on green anyway) then the economy on blue definitely works in a new player's favor much much much more at this point.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

You try running a bugg and exploit infected shard through kunark for 5 years and tell us how easy it is!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't seem like it would make much sense to merge them in the end. What would merging really do except for create more headaches and bloat the raid scene even more? I'd honestly be surprised to see any new servers released by the P99 team. We really have no idea what the agreement with Daybreak allows them to do in the future, and I'd be surprised if they'd let P99 keep putting out new servers when it's practically live EQ's main scheme now.
Oh are you going to pay for the multiple pve servers you think they’re going to have open?
Old 07-12-2021, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Green gear is overpriced, and missing QoL patches

Zones are overpopulated

Blue is just a better server at this point
Old 07-13-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

If I were rolling a new char/alt I wouldn't start on Green at this point. We're likely a year and a couple months away from a merge with Blue. The main positive to rolling a new char on Green would have been population and ability to find groups as you level up. That no longer really exists on Green (for example, multiple days in the past couple weeks there have been no low level groups in Unrest, whether in the yard or the MR...Crushbone has been relatively empty as well, just to cite a couple of hotspots). Other areas that pre-Kunark (and right around its release) that still had people in them are now dead (Blackburrow, Karana bandit camps, EC orc camps surprisingly rarely camped, etc.).

As such, why roll on Green? Your leveling experience on a new char will be virtually the same as Blue from a population/ease of finding groups perspective, and you will pay much more money for gear etc. For new chars, roll Blue, have the same leveling experience and be able to buy good gear for very cheap since there's so much of it available.

For me, I have mostly abandoned my lowbie chars on Green and will pick them up for a bit once we merge with Blue. Right now I'm just focusing on my higher level characters on Green but even there it feels kind of pointless at this stage.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

The answer has always been blue.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly? Mischief atm.

Levelling scene feels more convenient on blue. Green feels more relevant (but not by much).

Looking forward to next new server.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly? Mischief atm.

Levelling scene feels more convenient on blue. Green feels more relevant (but not by much).

Looking forward to next new server.
Meh TLPs bore me. They seem even more pointless because you know they will be 100% ghost towns in like a year or whatever when the next TLP comes out. At least with Blue you know there will always be people there
Old 07-13-2021, 12:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh are you going to pay for the multiple pve servers you think they’re going to have open?
I'm not sure what about my post upset you or why you took from my post that I think they are going to have a bunch of PVE servers when my post explicitly states I'd be surprise to see them open ANY new servers. All I see with them merging servers is dev/CSR headaches, but they can do whatever they want. And not being 100% confident they will merge just because a 2 year old post says so has precendent because they have changed their mind on things in the past - Discord server anyone? I will embrace greenies with open arms on blue.
Closed Thread