Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who turns people away from a raid when there’s no size cap? It’s all a massive zerg nobody is like oh we have 4 Druids already so you’re out sorry Druid
i stated the standard 'play what you want to play advice' first and foremost.

then i gave some indication of desirability of certain classes in raid context, as requested by op.

with regards to druids specifically, i mentioned they are sometimes lacking (i.e. not many of them raiding), not that they aren't desired (although they don't stack that well).

i never said anything about anyone being turned away, but the op specifically is asking in the context of 'helping him get to 50' as well. so if you are asking other people to help you level up for raiding, picking a paladin or ranger may not be the most desired.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who turns people away from a raid when there’s no size cap? It’s all a massive zerg nobody is like oh we have 4 Druids already so you’re out sorry Druid
While they won't usually be turned away outright, some guilds on P99 will passive-aggressively demand such people to play other classes (often shared guild accounts). In a few powerguild cases its overt demands and not so passive. I find it amazing anyone gives in to that sort of mistreatment instead of telling 'em to stuff it, but people do.

Danth
Old 07-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While they won't usually be turned away outright, some guilds on P99 will passive-aggressively demand such people to play other classes (often shared guild accounts). In a few powerguild cases its overt demands and not so passive. I find it amazing anyone gives in to that sort of mistreatment instead of telling 'em to stuff it, but people do.

Danth
I mean true, but usually those same guilds will still allow you to accumulate DKP on whatever character you want to allocate it to and log in that char to loot something if it drops. So it's not really an issue.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean true, but usually those same guilds will still allow you to accumulate DKP on whatever character you want to allocate it to and log in that char to loot something if it drops. So it's not really an issue.
Yeah, who gives a damn about playing the game anyway? All that matters is collecting those special pixels to dress up your virtual paperdoll, how you spend your timer is not important.
Old 07-13-2021, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, who gives a damn about playing the game anyway? All that matters is collecting those special pixels to dress up your virtual paperdoll, how you spend your timer is not important.
This is an odd take. Honestly, most of the classes who a guild might say "hey can you play one of our more important shared characters" are classes that are extremely boring and relatively unimportant on raids anyway if you already have a couple of them present. Shaman/Druid are good examples. Mages are another...I'd rather jump on a Guild DPS char and DPS (and be able to spend DKP on my Mage still) than sit there summoning mod rods for hours on end.

This is actually a system that works well for everyone. Allows you to play a more active and important role in the raid while still being able to score loot for your char that would be really boring to do the raid on, and helps the guild/raid overall.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:33 AM
Kobold

someone:"i personally don't like this system"

you:
Quote:
This is actually a system that works well for everyone.

hehe

now offering e-tours at our toilet factory!!!!!!! https://snakefangworld.netlify.app/
Old 07-14-2021, 02:37 AM
Kobold

if you like to group and socialize, make a cleric

if you like to group/solo and hate chatting, make a bard

if you like to solo and hate yourself, make a wizard

now offering e-tours at our toilet factory!!!!!!! https://snakefangworld.netlify.app/
Last edited by hannahgrams; 07-14-2021 at 02:41 AM..
Old 07-14-2021, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Cleric & Rogue

Every Raid Guild will need many of these forever.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Cleric is the perfect class if you want to be desirable.

- best duo (ench/cleric)
- most desirable small group member, you don't even have to be competent
- can start hanging with raiders from level 39
Old 07-17-2021, 02:15 PM
Banned

I hadn't logged on much in the last month, but from when I was playing a lot, from levels 1-40 at least, I would rate the class populations as such:

1. Necro and Druid, literally 50% of the server are these
2. shaman
3. enchanter/mage
4. Monk/cleric
6. Bard/ranger/wiz
7. SK/war
8. Rogue (this class basically does not exist)
9. Paladin (this class basically does not exist)
Closed Thread