Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Default Does this server have open raids?

I came from Tunare in 99... we had a few guilds, but open raids ruled for the most part. And yes I'm talking old school nag, vox, fear, then hate etc..even efreet and king.. Wondering if this server has that kind of vibe where open raids do high end stuff also..
Old 07-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

There have been open raids for hate and fear the last two nights. I've done phinny a couple of times with random people too.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

You will be disappointed here. There are a large number of players concentrated at lvl 50 and 2 major guilds (DA + IB) who poopsock raid mobs (IE camp them 24 hours a day). It's basically locked.

They don't really clear plane trash so you can get some nice pieces of gear from that.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

ah, yeah I wish I had joined this earlier and been at the forefront of server firsts again... alas. But who knows maybe in a few months, things will have unlocked some[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for the info though guys, looking forward to getting back to the planes for sure[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will be disappointed here. There are a large number of players concentrated at lvl 50 and 2 major guilds (DA + IB) who poopsock raid mobs (IE camp them 24 hours a day). It's basically locked.

They don't really clear plane trash so you can get some nice pieces of gear from that.
Yea, hopefully this'll change a little bit in kunark/velious when there are more raid targets to be had, so maybe some of the non hardcore raiding guilds will have more chances at stuff.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, what I was thinking. I liked Tunare because while there were guilds , and they did raid, the open raids made it much tighter and more open of a community...I hated how EQ turned into private raids/pocket instances, no one interacted... ah well. This server should have a good community being comprised of the people who understand what pain and suffering were from playing back then[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That and we all are more mature now... lol
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 07-02-2010 at 03:24 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That and we all are more mature now... lol
Yes...and quite sophisticated.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11007
Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

heheh nice.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

Yea shaere, these people dont seem to believe me that Tunare had a very open raiding community untill Velious. Coming here and seeing the retarded guild drama is just a shame and people claimed its how it was on their servers. I guess we were just spoiled with a mature and fun community in the early days.

Ive kinda stopped playing the server, for now, because of the fact of how the raiding scene is and havnt apped to any guilds because of it either. Maybe once Kunark comes out things will smooth out a little more but seeing how ignorant and arrogant these players are, I have my doubts. Ill probably just race to 60, get my epic and quit again till Velious.
Last edited by Phallax; 07-02-2010 at 09:03 PM..
Old 07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Default Yes and No

This server doesn't have to many open raids, however <DOOM> Is leading public raids about 3- 4 times a week late night to help promote <DOOM> untill our main raid roster is filled. We post Times in the guild section. Some of these raids are drive bys meaning unplanned , because lots of stuff is never up. However , we are leading 1 - 2 Raids Scheduled <<< A week , the rest are all drive bys. If you would like to attend please contact someone in <DOOM> or myself for more info. We plan to bring the public raiding to this server and have it live on.

Thanks,

Vangorr <Leader> of <DOOM>
Closed Thread