Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaaga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically, you are correct. I was aiming more for the concept of "Restricted". Perhaps I should have been more verbose in my explanation, but I was trying to keep things easier for simplicity's sake.

The question you need to be asking yourself is what does the term "Restricted" define.

I'll explain.

Nope. You're dumb.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inny was untouched for like 4 hours after that very first repop. It was a class C mob. Bob didn't go for it though, they want competition but only against the guilds they think they can beat

I just had to quote this... This seems vaguely familiar to me... Anyone else?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisset [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, class R doesn't have an agreement. That's simply not accurate. The other guilds in class R have an agreement. It's not the same thing. If Lord Bob guild wants to do their own thing, they don't require the permission of the other guilds. Period. It doesn't matter how many agreements you have in place or who they are with. Unless and until you get the staff to enforce a rotation, all of this whining and bitching at them is nothing more than hot air. Meanwhile, they get to compete for FTE for every mob they want, as long as they don't break the rules. And those rules say nothing about rotations. You can whine at them and bitch about them all you want and the only people you'll be hurting is yourselves because ultimately, LordBobGuild is ultimately in charge of what mob they get, not some committee of busybodies who decides when or if they get a turn.
Let me try to re-write your paragraph from a different angle, using paragraph breaks where appropriate:

------------------

No, class R doesn't have an agreement. That's simply not accurate. The guilds that have established themselves as Class R guilds are coincidentally the same guilds that came to a rotation agreement. There are other guilds that have entered these agreements but have not yet established themselves, but they have the full cooperation and support from the participating rotation agreement guilds. Unclassified guilds working towards "Class R" are able to enjoy the freedom to keep trying until they succeed because said agreement in conjunction with the defined ruleset of "Class R" provides this kind of flexible learning arena.

If Lord Bob wants to do their own thing, they don't require the permission of any other guild including the current pro-rotation participants, and they can absolutely choose not to enter into rotation agreements. Period. It doesn't matter how many agreements are in place or who chooses to participate in rotation or not. The staff will not enforce rotation, but they will be displeased if their petition queues start filling up again because of general asshattery and not look favourably upon whatever guild appears in most of the complaints--complaints that tend to arise from confusion and disagreements over FTE situations.

Any guild that wants to compete for FTE on any mob they want provided they are playing within the rules but outside of player-made arrangements designed to empower and enable new and upcoming guilds to succeed on raid content will earn the distain and disrespect of players who are trying to unselfishly work something out that is beneficial to the server as a whole. Cooperative guilds using these agreements can try to explain, define, and encourage Lord Bob until they are blue in the face but ultimately, LordBobGuild is in charge of their own destiny. If they choose to continue with their argumentative, uninformed and ignorant behaviour by refusing to cooperate with other established raiding guilds and instead undermine their efforts, they also are deciding what kind of reputation they want they want to define for themselves on P99.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 01-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. You're dumb.
good comeback bro.

+1 pinoit
Old 01-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqmaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 years of play and all Ive learned is Yendor will cry bitch moan and complain about almost anything! He is the only old guard of Harrison Doors Coldblooded and Randyslopejr that some how hasnt found the proper medication balance. I will pray for you Yendor.

Medication and prayer for what? Simply explaining to Lord Bob why their choices have earned them the ire of the rest of the Tier R guilds? Not to mention explaining the hypocrisy in effect when they are complaining about a particular style of play being crammed down their throats when they are attempting to do the same to guilds who have already demonstrated we don't want to be a part if that style of play.

You don't show up in some office on your first day of work and start telling people how they're going to change up the status quo unless you're the boss. Expect resentment and friction. Don't sit there and pretend not to know where all the hard feelings are coming from.

If that, to you, is crying/bitching... you're grasping at straws to discredit me when I am just laying out some common sense. Also.... because this is RNF... you seem mad, bro.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-20-2014, 03:00 PM
Banned

I'd just like to point out that the guild (and it's supporters) whom everyone hated for the past 2 or so years was also the guild who did the most rule lawyering. All I see from LordBob guild and it's supporters is rule lawyering.

The admins should have stuck a "don't be a rules lawyer or a dick" clause at the end of the new raid rules.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Well, Sirken at one point had also stated that any player reached agreements would be upheld by the GMs. That seems to have died though when it went more towards "Rogean says it's like this".

And yes, I think NINE guilds agreeing, with one dissenter, counts:

The A-Team
Azure Guard
Bregan D'Aerth
Divinity
Europa
Indignation
Knights Who Say Ni
Supremacy
Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude, you don't even play on this server anymore, shut your fucking mouth already and stop pretending like you're the good guy when you're blah blah... (crying bitching moaning)
What the fuck are you even talking about? I was helping lead our weekly Sky raid just this past Friday night. Way to up your credibility with the misinformation, though.

I know I struck a nerve when all you pixel whores get mad at me and try to call me out. You can't. This shit is about making the server and enjoyable place for as many people as possible. Not just the ones who made 95% of the server miserable for the last two years. If that makes me an asshole, so be it.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

So potheads are being accused of crying because they dropped a bird nest on the sidewalk, and then bought a pink wow tank top so they could ride the rainbow like a princess on a unicorn?
Old 01-20-2014, 03:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit is about making the server an enjoyable place for BDA and guilds that are important to us. And also making it so that BDA can get more loot and dragon kills by rule lawyering and crying to GMs instead of actually competing in a classic, non-GM enforced framework. If that makes me an asshole, so be it.
ftfy
Closed Thread