Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Fire Giant

In exchange for hosting the discussion and getting people helping the kickstart, Brad has to agree to help with some of the finer mechanics of P1999 and hand over a copy he has of the early code!! Win-win! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (hey, I can dream)

I'm looking forward to seeing what this game turns out to be.
-----------------------
Old 01-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Kobold

bad ass
Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

will tune in to this!
Last edited by Awwalike; 02-05-2014 at 01:31 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 11:22 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This looks awesome!
Old 01-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

Man.... they sure have a lot of funding to go and they are already 50% through the kickstarter time.......I wouldn't get too excited.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Apprently, I have lived under a rocked. Backed!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man.... they sure have a lot of funding to go and they are already 50% through the kickstarter time.......I wouldn't get too excited.
It's worse than that. This is to "get things started". He suspects it to take a total of $7-8 million to make the game. The rest is supposed to come from publishers / other VC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Pantheon is an important project to the MMORPG community, particularly for the people like us who feel most MMO's lately have been 'catering to the masses',and it's essential to the future of the MMORPG industry and out interests as gamers that we take the time to notice projects like this and vote with our dollars by backing their Kickstarter.

There are so many reasons why this project is deserving of your hard earned dollars, but I won't get into a huge list right now. To answer a couple questions above,

- We contacted them after following the project on Kickstarter and hearing some of their interviews

- YES! They absolutely know how important Project 1999 is to the hardcore players. We and people who desire to game like us are the target audience for this game.

- I won't comment on whether or not they play here, but go watch some of their previous interviews to find out if they do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- The Kickstarter only being about a 1/3 of the way there right now isn't relevant to whether or not they will reach their goal. Many Kickstarters see a huge surge in backers towards the end of a funding run. We're all hoping we can push them closer to their goal by raising awareness and showing you guys this is a big deal.

Pantheon is a big deal. If you're tired of WoW clones or other MMORPG's that cater to the masses, this is your chance to send a clear message that we want different games. Be sure to watch the interview live!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

good that you posted this.

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

One of those nerds has got to have a code repository from Velious on an old laptop or something somewhere.

Get it and pull the proper melee/resist mechanics & all the quest scripts from it.

Do it!

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread