Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically the opposite of what you said is true. Smith machine is good for inverted row only. Otherwise its better to balance the weight with your muscles.
Basically reading comprehension. Dumbbells require even more control and balancing but start getting dangerous past 80lbs.

Not everyone's bodies grow the same and since dumbbells require full body growth of multiple muscle groups just to be able to safely handle them I can understand the need for your kind to promote buttbell incline presses

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you know about iso vs compound movements? I do a lot of iso workouts and I'm pretty big; or as big as I want to be, but I see some skinny fuckers at the gym who are way stronger. I'm not sure if it's age, genetics, or me doing the wrong workouts.
There are different types of muscle fibers in the body, and different people have them in different ratios. This is one reason.

Another reason is a lot of people interested in body building don't stretch off properly after strength training; stretching off allows muscles to grow more densely and prevents muscles from balooning when they repair themselves (but a lot of body builders aspire for a baloon man look).

Finally, improving strength and improving appearance though linked are two different objectives. Often someone working on their muscles for appearance will try to develop relatively small/weak 'vanity' muscle groups for visual impact, such as their pecs or biceps, whereas someone interested in actual strength that is for use and not show will not obsess over making gains in these areas.

I'm sure there are more reasons for leanies having more strength versus big meanies, but these are some of the reasons I recall from when I studied some physiology modules like 14 years ago. I suspect some of my knowledge is now outdated/wrong so I'd love to be corrected / updated!
Old 12-13-2017, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The existence of real fish in a fish finger is debatable. Chicken nuggets, fish fingers, hotdogs... Might all be just stuff they scrape from the garbage pails.
Stop downplaying my accomplishments; I am a top predator of the sea!
Old 12-13-2017, 05:17 AM
Banned

Big compound movements train your central nervous system. Its also a little bit more challenging (interesting IMO) to master the movements for stuff like lowbar squats than things like lunges. It encourages posture and balance.

They are telling people of all ages atm that they should start strength training and they should learn big barbell movements ideally. They are particularly good for newbies to develop foundational strength.

They also found that your testosterone dips after an hour in the gym or so (cortisol starts to kick in). So its actually the best to work out an hour at a time...unless your on steroids. Then it is better to work out as much as you want 6 days a week. Keep that in mind when looking at professional work out plans.

So most people do an hour x3 days a week full body. But some do a x2 a day plan if their serious (an hour ea.). Cardio is only done for like 20-30 mins in a separate session of strength training. It's considered very important to eat protein right after working out. Some do schedules like: STR in morning, then HIIT at night (where you get str and cardio). but its important to put enough rest time between work outs (4-8 hours same day, 48 hours between days...I think it goes up to 3 days between workouts 40+).
Closed Thread