Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s say some guy creates a company. Let’s say he builds up said company and all the other companies around marvel at how well he treats his employees; as well as how well he treats the employees of said other companies. Let’s say that this man expands his company on a new continent and again all the companies in this new land marvel at how well he treats everyone.

The man is so busy that he appoints a CEO to run the first company but then starts to hear that the company is being run completely different to what he expected. People in the new land have been asking if this is what the company is about.

What does the owner do? Does he ask his CEO to run the company as he envisioned? Does he fire the CEO and hire a new one? Does he sell the company sans the name so that his vision stays intact? - he does whatever he wants because he is still the sole shareholder.

You can knock Nemce as much as you want but just seeing some of these posts by current AG members tells me volumes as to how much the guild has changed. I don’t expect to get an invite to whatever the new guild becomes and to be honest I probably wouldn’t want it anyhow. To those who still play when I did here good luck to you all and enjoy p99, TAKP will always be open to you if you need a break.
Except its more like he quit/sold the company. Then started a new company on a different continent. And is now suing the original company for naming rights.....
Old 11-01-2020, 02:18 PM
Kobold

No it’s literally just like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point is really simple and clear. I don’t know how anyone could be confused.

His thought process goes like this:

Do you poop sock?
If yes then your hard core and a jerk.
If no then your family friendly and a nice guy.

Also:

Do you deny other guilds pixels?
If yes then your hard core and a jerk.
If no then your family friendly and a nice guy.

...and also:

Do you deny other people a guild tag?
If yes then your family friendly and a nice guy.
If no then...why not lmfao!

I mean, seriously. Why would anyone ever NOT deny other players a guild tag if they could? LMFAO amirite!
Old 11-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So...an alliance. Got it.
Detox, I've been out of your hair for two years now. Why did you venture over to TAKP earlier this year? Growing bored?
Old 11-01-2020, 02:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Does TAKP also share forums with p99 or you losers (Savok and Nemce) just here to be lame and flex on people you have no connection to?

Go away haha
Old 11-01-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Detox, I've been out of your hair for two years now. Why did you venture over to TAKP earlier this year? Growing bored?
Because I quit P99 for a long while. Played Classic WoW and got bored with that but wasnt ready to come back to P99. I had a baby and couldnt commit time to it so I saw some friends were playing on Takp and it looked like a good option for me to casually play the game I love.

Joined Imperium with a lot of old AM friends, got some chars to 60 and raided a bit but then wanted to come back to P99.

TAKP is def the second best Emulated EQ server. It doesnt have the stupid new freeports and commonlands, its remains pretty true to classic and has a really good client that runs well. The population kind of sucks and whatever it is you can cut in by 3 cause everyone 3 boxes. I do enjoy it though and I am on it now actually.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:33 PM
Banned

TAKP could be the solution to all of this.

Let’s just everyone pick up at level 1 and ruin TAKP!
Old 11-01-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I quit P99 for a long while. Played Classic WoW and got bored with that but wasnt ready to come back to P99. I had a baby and couldnt commit time to it so I saw some friends were playing on Takp and it looked like a good option for me to casually play the game I love.

Joined Imperium with a lot of old AM friends, got some chars to 60 and raided a bit but then wanted to come back to P99.

TAKP is def the second best Emulated EQ server. It doesnt have the stupid new freeports and commonlands, its remains pretty true to classic and has a really good client that runs well. The population kind of sucks and whatever it is you can cut in by 3 cause everyone 3 boxes. I do enjoy it though and I am on it now actually.
Yeah p99 was my first love, but unlike yourself, I prefer a rotational raid environment. And it is pretty great.

But to answer your previous comment about the alliance. We were an alliance but after the first year we decided to merge in everything but the name. They like their name and we are obviously very attached to ours. But we operate as a single guild.
Old 11-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

It really shouldn't matter anyway. Pretty sure the precedent of GM's not getting involved in internal guild politics was set when the founder of TMO tried to do this exact thing....
Old 11-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah p99 was my first love, but unlike yourself, I prefer a rotational raid environment. And it is pretty great.

But to answer your previous comment about the alliance. We were an alliance but after the first year we decided to merge in everything but the name. They like their name and we are obviously very attached to ours. But we operate as a single guild.
thats like an alliance
Old 11-01-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats like an alliance
Nah, there's no splitting loot, separate discord channels, websites, dkp systems, leadership, etc. Just names.