Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/i...e-ed-1044a.jpg

Remember when Trump was so shameful he paid for a fake Time magazine "Person of the Year" portrait using charity funds?

Some one to idol, am I right? I wonder if there are any GOP that still idol Bush for his WMD and war claims. Meh give it another decade and they will soon shun Trump too. Oops! To late many already do!
This magazine?

Golly, I can’t imagine why he didn’t get it
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-23-2021, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com/i...e-ed-1044a.jpg

Remember when Trump was so shameful he paid for a fake Time magazine "Person of the Year" portrait using charity funds?

Some one to idol, am I right?
yea,

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2021, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We got a lot of amature sport fighters these days that seem to think they can take out your run of the mill mob goon or prison buba. Hopefully they don't have to find out the hard way that they really have very little experience in RL situations.
I have heaps of confidence in my strat: I bet I can run faster scared than you can mad
Old 10-23-2021, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

I hear what you are saying but seriously you cant say that borders are oppressive and then try to argue that you are not using victimhood as a divining rod.

Im just making the observation that 100% of liberal governance, comes from victimhood (try to show me one time it says to own up and just deal with your lot in life by working harder). You cant say the same thing about conservatism.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:38 AM
Banned

No both sides definitely do it. It’s effective

There’s something about it that’s provocative. Makes you want to click because you disagree/hate it. And clicks are money
Old 10-23-2021, 12:44 AM
Banned

If you look at what Stalin did in the old Soviet union -- its a good example of fascism that also considered leftwing by most people.

Example of early Stalin writing:https://www.marxists.org/reference/a...901/11/x01.htm

Quote:
The working class is not the only class that is groaning under the yoke of the tsarist regime. The heavy fist of the autocracy is also crushing other social classes. Groaning under the yoke are the Russian peasants, wasted from constant starvation, impoverished by the unbearable burden of taxation and thrown to the mercy of the grasping bourgeois traders and the "noble" landlords. Groaning under the yoke are the little people in the towns, the minor employees in government and private offices, the minor officials—in general, that numerous lower class of the urban population whose existence is as insecure as that of the working class, and which has every reason to be discontented with its social conditions. Groaning under the yoke is that section of the petty bourgeoisie and even of the middle bourgeoisie which cannot resign itself to the tsar's knout and lash; this applies especially to the educated section of the bourgeoisie, the so-called representatives of the liberal professions (teachers, physicians, lawyers, university and high-school students). Groaning under the yoke are the oppressed nations and religious communities in Russia, including the Poles, who are being driven from their native land and whose most sacred sentiments are being outraged, and the Finns, whose rights and liberties, granted by history, the autocracy is arrogantly trampling underfoot. Groaning under the yoke are the eternally persecuted and humiliated Jews who lack even the miserably few rights enjoyed by other Russian subjects —the right to live in any part of the country they choose, the right to attend school, the right to be employed in government service, and so forth. Groaning are the Georgians, Armenians, and other nations who are deprived of the right to have their own schools and be employed in government offices, and are compelled to submit to the shameful and oppressive policy of Russi-fication so zealously pursued by the autocracy. Groaning are the many millions of Russian non-conformists who wish to believe and worship in accordance with the dictates of their conscience and not with the wishes of the orthodox priests. Groaning are . . . but it is impossible to enumerate all the oppressed, all who are persecuted by the Russian autocracy. They are so numerous that if they were all aware of this, and were aware who their common enemy is, the despotic regime in Russia would not exist another day. Unfortunately, the Russian peasantry is still downtrodden by agelong slavery, poverty and ignorance; it is only just awakening, it does not yet know who its enemy is. The oppressed nations in Russia cannot even dream of liberating themselves by their own efforts so long as they are opposed not only by the Russian government, but even by the Russian people, who have not yet realised that their common enemy is the autocracy. There remain the working class, the little people among the urban population, and the educated section of the bourgeoisie.
IDK though. Sounds a bit like tucker carlson with a few marxist words sprinkled in. He was like 20 when he wrote that.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:46 AM
Banned

I think it’s an error to assume that stoicism in the face of victimization helps on a quantifiable level in the long run

If someone was being victimized by a group of people, and they stay quiet and stoic, a part of the victimizers might respect that and stop. But we all know the majority wouldn’t. They would see it as invitation to go harder and/or forever

The intangible benefit of building mental resilience may not at all change the situational stressor
Old 10-23-2021, 01:14 AM
Banned

I wish more leftwing people would openly says its ok to just vote for what you want and what you think is a good idea. It doesn't have to be some story about how horrible group x has it. Even though it is true sometimes, it sounds polemic and over-the-top. You end up just preaching to the choir.

I think single payer healthcare is a good idea that would make the country better. I know lots of people that want it. That's good enough reason right there. You don't have to buy into this talk about rights etc.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:17 AM
Banned

I remember this crazy video of a bar fight that spilled outside into the street

Two dudes squaring off, one puts his hands behind his back. So the other dude punches him, in the face. Dude still has his hands behind bis back, takes it. Dude punches him again in the face. Still the other dudes hands are behind his back, takes the next one, says nothing

Guy who threw two punches stops, stands there for a moment, then walks away. Maybe he was scared that two punches seemed to not do shit to the other guy. Or maybe he respected the other guy just for not retaliating or defending. We’ll never know the reason

But what I do know is that is NOT how that scenario would normally play out. The other guy is going to keep punching. Eventually you gotta put your hands up and stick up for yourself
Old 10-23-2021, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish more leftwing people would openly says its ok to just vote for what you want and what you think is a good idea. It doesn't have to be some story about how horrible group x has it. Even though it is true sometimes, it sounds polemic and over-the-top. You end up just preaching to the choir.

I think single payer healthcare is a good idea that would make the country better. I know lots of people that want it. That's good enough reason right there. You don't have to buy into this talk about rights etc.
I had to register as a republican because I wanted to get a puppy instead of a rescue.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread