Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-20-2022, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good. Fucking. Question.

NToV races with 30 min lockout and 1 attempt concedes were absolutely perfect. It promoted smaller guilds like Rampage, Awakened, Aftermath, Rustle. It made guilds value playmakers over warm bodies. It didn't promote zerg meta. It gave plenty of time to batphone and set up the pull and kill. It lead to stuff like 4 am Zlexak kills with 16 people, or Statue with 20, or even AoW teamups with 40-50 people, using Dire Wolves & Giant pets, or Tunare with similar numbers and again, Druids & Encs charming a dozen pets.

That shit was a blast. It was perfect. We never needed rooted dragons. We never needed recharge nerf. (though I do think we needed Soulfire nerf.)

If you look back now at the Braknar leaks, its funny to think they thought the raid scene was in bad shape then. It was fucking Heaven on Earth compared to now. Add in the fact that it's since been revealed that a lot of the drama of that era was caused by a former GM's personal vendetta, and it all adds up to making the solution to this looming issue pretty fucking simple.

Revert to 2016 raid rules.

NToV goes back to FTE races. Anyone worried about scripting, good fucking luck scipting a race through NToV where every race is entirely different and requires teamwork, pre-set groups, pre-targetting, etc. Unroot dragons. Ideally, revert recharge nerf, though I don't care much about this one. If anything, all the recharge nerf did is show how little Mallets really mattered.

If you really want to retain one aspect of the NToV changes, keep guards linked to dragons. This will add a little added skill/challenge by forcing guilds to either pre-kill, offtank or kite the guards. I don't hate the idea of spicing up NToV in that fashion.

Fear Golems and Hate Minis should not be raid mobs. Why are mobs that you can literally solo/duo with ease considered raid mobs? (before some nerd mentions it, yes, only one Golem can be soloed/duoed because of death touch, but the logic remains). HoT minis aren't raid mobs, because you can solo/duo those too. Consistency is good. This will make these mobs COMPETITIVE!

Remove the fucking leashing and the pathing changes. Whoever added these should be embarassed. This goes beyond not-classic, it's just stupid. When I accidentally solo parked Vaniki by just running away the first time I actually laughed.

Revert push interrupt and gating, or at least go back on the scale somewhat. Maybe it was a tad unClassic before how one Monk with a Mosscovered Twig could reliably interrupt most casts solo. But this having to Sieve is goofy, non-classic, and opens up a whole other can of worms - on live, if you sieved mobs, they would stop casting lots of their AoEs. Many NPC AoEs had a mana cost. I actually didn't learn this until we tested it on EQMac, when we Sieved Feshlak down until he stopped AoEing entirely. Also, NPC's should gate even while on their spawn point, and Gate should be in white text and say "Zlandicar begins casting a Gate spell!". Heals for 20% on success. But I'm getting off topic here...

2016 rules were great. Go back to 2016 rules and the zerg meta dies overnight. Riot and Vanquish disband overnight. Dozens of players return overnight. It'll make the game more competitive, more fun, and just better for EVERYONE. Literally everyone. Except maybe, like, warmbody raiders with a billion DKP saved.

You're welcome.
+1

Also you could duo the deathtouch dudes with root + proximity agro + bind in PoF (and a bunch of clickies). I used to just chain tank the DT's with my cleric that was bound there.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Golem races directly contribute to smaller guilds building a base. We've seen it with TSS, and others. Before you know it, they are killing Dain. I would much rather have these mobs go to fostering more competition on the server than filling the pockets of 2-3 guys in a farm group.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Golem races directly contribute to smaller guilds building a base. We've seen it with TSS, and others. Before you know it, they are killing Dain. I would much rather have these mobs go to fostering more competition on the server than filling the pockets of 2-3 guys in a farm group.
yup exactly this ^

kinda what I was gettin at in my earlier post
Old 03-21-2022, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Fair points. I retract my paragraph about minis.

The rest, though. let's. fucking. do. it.

It's time.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Revert to 2016 raid rules.

NToV goes back to FTE races. Anyone worried about scripting, good fucking luck scipting a race through NToV where every race is entirely different and requires teamwork, pre-set groups, pre-targetting, etc.
Yea, because it definitely wasn't an open secret that during the lockout meta that both of the top guilds were actively cheating ToV races lol.

I liked 1 hour lockouts honestly, but anyone who thinks people didn't cheat, or couldn't cheat it, are either lying or dumb.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

/ran 1000 for all FTE boss-mobs, 30 minute lockout, lets go!!
Old 03-24-2022, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I'm alone in this, but the more quakes that happen, the less I like them. I see my screen shake and think oh boy, hours of raiding and drama. It's cool that it lets other guilds get mobs, but so would fixing raid rules.
Know what else would fix it? Not being a sperg that thinks every quake is life and death and you need to get as many targets as humanly possible on a server that's been stuck in the same content era for a decade. You could like... Go get a couple high prio targets then do something else?

Crazy talk I know
Old 03-24-2022, 06:38 PM
Aviak

quake it within a 4 hour window, let folks plan around it for once instead of catering to those who have nothing else in life in their 300 man zerg guilds.

make stepping up to the line worth it
Old 03-25-2022, 01:19 AM
Large Bat

Quakes and the hopes of a Green 2.0 is what keeps the servers going right now. As it is now it hits just over two weeks people start getting all twitchy and start to do quake chants