Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course republicans (informed citizens) still have doubts about Obola's citizenship, he LITERALLY published material saying he was BORN IN KENYA. You obviously aren't paying attention.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Try to catch up here.

Sidney Blumenthal
, Hillary's senior advisor and confidant, pushed this story on the numerous press outlets during her 2008 campaign.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...102354777.html

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...-story-editor/
"Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961."

That's the disclaimer Breitbart wrote before posting that. The woman who made that booklet just assumed he was born in Kenya without fact-checking...probably because she thought it sounded better to the audience she was designing the booklet for. She didn't have any evidence he was born in Kenya; and a long time before Obama was running for president, she said it was her mistake. There was a NYT article the year before that correctly identified him as born in Hawaii.

I guess your forgetting that we do -- in reality -- have his birth certificate. The burden of prof is on you guys to prove its fake.

You guys do know he could still be president if he was born in Kenya....right? He never lied about that, and never had a reason to. And considering the kind of people that want dirt on Obama....we would have found something by now.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-17-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

You seem to be approaching this from the angle that we believe the record to be false or even care about this any longer. Most of us don't believe because we know what he was hiding now and we don't care because he has already served his 8 years and its now entirely irrelevant. Its also irrelevant because, as you said, he would still be eligible for presidency.

The point is only that there are good reasons why some people believed or still believe that he was actually born in Kenya - because HE said he was and if you actually think those things were printed in multiple places due to oversight, you have forfeited your objectivity.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to be approaching this from the angle that we believe the record to be false or even care about this any longer. Most of us don't believe because we know what he was hiding now and we don't care because he has already served his 8 years and its now entirely irrelevant. Its also irrelevant because, as you said, he would still be eligible for presidency.

The point is only that there are good reasons why some people believed or still believe that he was actually born in Kenya - because HE said he was and if you actually think those things were printed in multiple places due to oversight, you have forfeited your objectivity.
No he didn't say he was from Kenya. He denies it, she does, no one is on the record saying he said that. Prove otherwise.

Its not really that big of an oversight for some guest college lecture. No one who went to that thing would think less of him because he was born in Kenya. It's not like a vastly misleading biography or something. If he knew he would have a shot at being president some day -- it would have been a bigger deal.

Edit: I appeciate you guys want to put this behind you -- now that you know its a losing political issue an all. But that's not how politics works. When you fuck up and a say a bunch of bullshit that looks stupid 2 years later -- the other side brings it up. That's how this works.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-17-2016 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-17-2016, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Trump: he's man enough to admit when he's wrong.

He doesn't blame brain damage or pheumonia
Old 09-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump: he's man enough to admit when he's wrong.
No he is not. It's a well known weakness he has. Narcissists view people that disagree with them as an enemy out to get them. Luckily, they also tend to view their kids as extensions to themselves. So at least Ivanka can influence him here and there.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No he is not. It's a well known weakness he has. Narcissists view people that disagree with them as an enemy out to get them. Luckily, they also tend to view their kids as extensions to themselves. So at least Ivanka can influence him here and there.
The thread is concerning him admitting that he was wrong.

Speaking of narcissism, hillary just called millions of americans all sorts of 'ists' for disagreeing with her
Old 09-17-2016, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

"Pepe!"
Old 09-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No he didn't say he was from Kenya. He denies it, she does, no one is on the record saying he said that. Prove otherwise.
Again, if you actually believe it was printed about him without his knowledge and approval, it only proves you've forfeited your objectivity on the matter.

If someone I work for or someone that works for me prints something about me, in multiple places, and I don't go through the motions of having it changed and removed immediately, it stands as direct evidence that it was MY words or an accurate statement regarding me.

To suggest otherwise is foolishness and intellectually dishonest.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:58 PM
Banned

CNN getting exactly what they deserve is wonderful. Trump tricked them into live broadcasting a 30 minute infomercial for him - complete with military endorsements and a tour of his new hotel. News bosses mutually agreed to erase the footage.

They're not mad he lied, they're mad because he made it clear how unimportant and irrelevant they are to him. Whether you like Trump or not, he did a good thing here.

Thinking of birtherism as a race thing is easy and I understand it. But I think it misses the forest for the trees - all Democrat rule has been cast as illegitimate since the Reagan Revolution. Confront this instead of getting stuck in the racism quagmire. Or don't, whatever, I'm not your dad you don't have to listen to me.

Welp, bye.
Old 09-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thinking of birtherism as a race thing is easy and I understand it.
It was never about race. Is the fact that Obama has been one of the worst presidents in history also because of his race? Are you saying everything involving Obama is a race thing because he isn't white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Closed Thread