Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
betsy devos changing that obama shit about that one loan program forgiving all student debt that took money from them

the case was that this company gave false promises about graduation rates/income after graduation, but its changing thanks to the superior intelect of Betsy Devos:

was "did you have a loan through this company? yes? ok its forgiven now"

to "did you get a job with a salary of XX,XXX+? yes? ok it is no longer forgiven and you must pay it back"

Now, I think this is funny for a few reasons.. 1. the libcucks that were so happy about their debt being forgiven, will have to pay it back now after a few years of feelin good and liberal, and 2. it just fucking makes sense.
Pretty good idea. The problem: Law school. This is an enormous college loan bubble. Most these god damn morons used to get paid to do stuff people that make $20,000 a year do now. Only about 30% ever become real lawyers IMO.

That's going to be expensive to pay off. Honestly -- no loans for Lawschool might be a good practice. Scholarship only.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Banned

my advice is, if you need loans for school then maybe forget about school.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned

although, maybe take those loans, put em in bit coin.

worst case scenario is you lose it all, and end up with the same thing a diploma provides you: nothing and debt.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

Mick, your signature pic has got me a thinking

What would the EQ mob be for Obama?

A Ni--er retard?
Old 12-21-2017, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No way I'd hire some 9 month hacker boot camp grad, unless that grad somehow managed to demonstrate he effectively understood what you'd otherwise have learned from a reputable computer science college. You wouldn't want to end up with a dev team composed of dilettantes and web devs tasked to solve challenging software engineering problems. There's a reason good CS grads get 100k+ out of college in entry level positions.
Well, I'm just speaking from my experience: I've known many CS grads and actually hired two Hack Reactor grads. I wouldn't say every hacker boot camp grad is good, or even every Hack Reactor grad, but the ones we got were great hires. They were smart and knew the right technologies (eg. Babel, React), plus they were well-rounded. One had a PhD or Masters (I forget which) in Biology and the other was a Chinese Literate major who spoke both Chinese and Japanese fluently.

I got the sense that Hack Reactor had other similarly qualified graduates as well.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-21-2017 at 02:56 AM..
Old 12-21-2017, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant during college. It has become customary to do internships for the last year or two. Summer Internships are exclusive in many fields -- but perhaps more attainable to CS.

Let me point out something that conservative (and I mean in the generic philosophical sense) have a rough time with. Getting a CS Degree is a clever move right now given the current dynamics of the economy. This assumes were talking about someone who likes working in computer science and doesn't have better options. OK, so what?

If lots of people did this... they would be paid less. And then it wouldn't be so fucking clever to be a CS major. This is probably what will happen at some point once Z and the other generation after it start hitting college. Computers are part of everyone's childhood now -- its not going to be as rare and in demand to get a good programing hire.

I come to fucking conservatives all the time with macro problems...and they answer me like I just asked them: "Hey Fash, whats the best move for a kid in a good middle class situation to make it these days.?"

"Oh computer science...fucking lady da. Let's get down to an inner city classroom and get Jammel typing and I'm sure the whole macro problem with wealth distribution we were talking about will just go away."

That is -- if they make it right? Because anyone that can't at least get a fucking CS degree is a piece of shit and waste of money. That is unitil it some other job in 5 years.
There are no solutions to macro problems. All we can do is adapt

Telling someone to go engineering, nursing, or CS is solid and useful advice. None of us can immiediatley fix the shitty job outlook that most of the youth face, but we can counsel those among them willing to listen to accept Jesus Christ as lord and to stop fucking up. The best thing to do about mistakes is to not make them. That's how dad did it, that's how America does it

Hope this helps!!!!
Old 12-21-2017, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mick, your signature pic has got me a thinking

What would the EQ mob be for Obama?

A Ni--er retard?
You could've actually made this funny if you thought of a clever and apropos mob

Instead you went for low hanging fruit. Disappointed, unimpressed, & praying 4 u
Old 12-21-2017, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could've actually made this funny if you thought of a clever and apropos mob

Instead you went for low hanging fruit. Disappointed, unimpressed, & praying 4 u
*gives Patriam his first daps*

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-21-2017, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let me guess. Your idea of an apropos mob for Odumba$$ is the Sleeper. With a few more hitpoints, 100x times faster regen and some other special tricks that would make that mob truly invincible. Sorry, I don't bow down and suckle his member like you and your ilk do.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Banned

I think obammer would be... hmm... one of those Sphinxs in rathe mountains.

Because he looks good but when you kill em to get see their loot it turns out they got no content.
Closed Thread