Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
235k miles Lol
2k car Lol poor

jesus
Yes, my fourth car is a total beater I don't care about. I could only afford one real good car and two so-so cars. I was fresh out when it came to figure what I would drive through the uninsured potholes of North Jersey.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:36 PM
Banned

Yea i got 4 cars too and donate all my money to p99
Old 07-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Kobold

So as an old man with lots of miles under my belt the best advice i can give you is buy used low mileage. I say it is less about what to buy than what not to buy. stay away from high maintenance cost cars, like BMW, Volkswagen. Also stay away from base model cars. They tend to use less quality parts in assembly. When buying used the base model cars TEND to come from people who do not take care of what they own.

Buy a mid range used car with one owner and low millage. get it checked by a mechanic if you cant do that your self. Hell do that any way even if you can.

All in all if your current car runs get it fixed. Drive the wheels off. All cars loose value dont dump money into a new one.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:18 PM
Banned

What has nine arms and sucks?

octopus?
Old 07-28-2020, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So as an old man with lots of miles under my belt the best advice i can give you is buy used low mileage. I say it is less about what to buy than what not to buy. stay away from high maintenance cost cars, like BMW, Volkswagen. Also stay away from base model cars. They tend to use less quality parts in assembly. When buying used the base model cars TEND to come from people who do not take care of what they own.

Buy a mid range used car with one owner and low millage. get it checked by a mechanic if you cant do that your self. Hell do that any way even if you can.

All in all if your current car runs get it fixed. Drive the wheels off. All cars loose value dont dump money into a new one.
Add Jaguar on to that list as well. I owned a Jaguar X type back in the day, and while I really thought it was beautiful, I felt like it was falling apart here and there.

Best vehicle I ever had was a 1993 Chevy 1500 4x4 extended cab that was 15 years old when I bought it. Now driving a newer more expensive diesel, where changing a single injector runs me about 750 bucks, or replacing the transmission is $6500. That chevy cost me $3300 used and ran like a dream until I got the itch to "upgrade" to something that cost me a lot more and really gave me no more happiness.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Currently driving a 7.3 powerstroke with dual Confederate flags and straight pipe out the hood. Leaks a quart of oil a week
Old 07-28-2020, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently driving a 7.3 powerstroke with dual Confederate flags and straight pipe out the hood. Leaks a quart of oil a week
Lol rolling coal. I have a 5.9 with Banks setup on it. Not losing that much oil...... yet.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add Jaguar on to that list as well. I owned a Jaguar X type back in the day, and while I really thought it was beautiful, I felt like it was falling apart here and there.

Best vehicle I ever had was a 1993 Chevy 1500 4x4 extended cab that was 15 years old when I bought it. Now driving a newer more expensive diesel, where changing a single injector runs me about 750 bucks, or replacing the transmission is $6500. That chevy cost me $3300 used and ran like a dream until I got the itch to "upgrade" to something that cost me a lot more and really gave me no more happiness.
Next buy is gonna be a '75 F350 because of the ease of major repairs.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Next buy is gonna be a '75 F350 because of the ease of major repairs.
Those are classic. Easy to work on.
Old 07-28-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may be a flat earther, but I got a good chuckle from this post