Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 06-10-2022, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

I require an IP exception for a character to have any value to me because EQ is and always has been a shared hobby between the wife and I (with our daughter logging on once in awhile now, too). I do other stuff for the most part when I'm on my own. I'm not overly interested in this game as a solo exercise. So while you're technically correct in that I could create an endless steam of useless characters--why would I want to?

Won't argue the above is something of an exception to the usual trend, but it's a valid enough one for specific cases.

Danth
Old 06-10-2022, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3k posts but no friends to help him xfer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't cry for me Arvantina, I'm just correcting some false information.
Old 06-10-2022, 02:51 PM
Banned

my, uh, brother posted this forum comment WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE
(lol)
Old 06-10-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need an IP exemption to create a new account. You need one to log into 2 accounts at the same time on the same IP.

You can create a new account and be logged into a fresh level 1 in less than 5 minutes.

There is ZERO reason not to have 1 character per account...only upside potential no downside whatsoever.
Not entirely true, switching between two characters on the same account is faster. That being said, most of my characters are on separate accounts.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 06-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Already provided one weeks ago in this very thread: I don't want to wait weeks or months every time I want to make a character.

Danth
That's not how it works Danth. I have too many accounts to keep track of and 0 ip exemptions.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Dunno what you're getting at. Are you gaming with family? If you're solo then that particular case would be moot as discussed above. For example, if the wife and I want to make some new alts to goof off someplace like blackburrow, we use our existing accounts because otherwise we'd have to wait weeks or months. While I could hypothetically create a character on a fresh account to use solely alone, what would I do that for? I only provided a perfectly reasonable exception to the use of multiple accounts, made no claim of it being relevant to everyone's specific needs.
Last edited by Danth; 06-10-2022 at 05:15 PM..
Old 06-10-2022, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

You don't see how you're giving op bad information? He clearly can just create all the accts he wants and should. Your situation doesn't apply to him. I'd also point out that you've been around a long time and by now you should have created and exempted all the accts you needed as a convenience.
Old 06-11-2022, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dunno what you're getting at. Are you gaming with family? If you're solo then that particular case would be moot as discussed above. For example, if the wife and I want to make some new alts to goof off someplace like blackburrow, we use our existing accounts because otherwise we'd have to wait weeks or months. While I could hypothetically create a character on a fresh account to use solely alone, what would I do that for? I only provided a perfectly reasonable exception to the use of multiple accounts, made no claim of it being relevant to everyone's specific needs.
Couldn’t you submit the ip exemption request and just use vpn in the meantime or is that not legal
Old 06-11-2022, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn’t you submit the ip exemption request and just use vpn in the meantime or is that not legal
Probably could but I don't care enough to bother. I've heard of others using that workaround. Pint is correct in that the specific circumstances described do not apply to everyone. A note about lining up spare accounts in advance: When I started here the staff specifically requested people NOT to do that and only petition for exceptions when genuinely needed, and I've no problem with sticking by a reasonable request. Staff has had a great deal of turnover since then so I couldn't tell you what their present opinion on the matter is.
Old 06-15-2022, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't need an IP exemption to create a new account. You need one to log into 2 accounts at the same time on the same IP.

You can create a new account and be logged into a fresh level 1 in less than 5 minutes.

There is ZERO reason not to have 1 character per account...only upside potential no downside whatsoever.
Negative... Most normal humans have 0 reason to create 8 different accounts just to play 8 different characters.. Im gonna say that your deep investment in P99 to find strategy in creating 8 accounts. Is the minority around here..

I hate having 2 personal email accounts.. I definitely don't want 8 fucking accounts of single characters... "Who should i play today? Rogue? Let me look up that login information in my P99 account spreadsheet."
Last edited by strongNpretty; 06-15-2022 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: 14 accounts- There are 14 classes.. My bad- I see myself getting attacked by some of yall for this grave mistake..