Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Large Bat

It is about hate. It is more about pity. I envy the lack of lives you all in TR possess about as much as I envy a prisoner in shower about to get shanked by a skin crotch rocket.

My weird fantasies aside I would like to share I dinged level 70 in RL**not 70 years old just the high achievement attainable ATM**. My 4 Month old son and I spent the weekend together making each other laugh and watching football on the TV. Going to church with grandma and grandpa then falling asleep after a nice bottle and watching The A Team.

Nothing is greater in life then seeing your child smile knowing you are the one he is smiling at. Nothing is more satisfying then changing those diapers and hearing that last koo and sigh as he drifts off to sleep.

Man I am so enriched not spending my entire weekend being a shit to other people cause I am in the number 1 guild on a silly game. Congrats TR at leveling up and being the number 1 shits on p1999!
Last edited by DocDoom; 08-14-2011 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Added I am not 70 years old lol OMG
Old 08-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

LOL at not liking snipe shots taken at "their" mobs when that has been TRs modus operandi since I joined the raiding scene.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will always be the top guilds that everyone hates, always. Do you really believe in your own words?
This is not true, it is true that the top guild almost in all cases are envied but not hated (Umm not true here just hated). On the Karana Server the top guilds worked together and above all had RESPECT. I can't say the same on this server. The top guilds seem to lack this basic tennant that its not all about you.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Battles over CT and Draco in fear have been one of the most interesting raid experiences i had in eq. I would kinda be sad if it was gone. When i joined this server it was already a common thing to leapfrog others. Hell even divinity did leapfrog us on CT when sky was out and IB was busy up there. We had like 3-4 guilds competing for CT each time (DA, Divinity,DW and transcenden?) and i had a lot of fun, even tho we never got CT only a draco once in a while. Nobody ever cried about the leapfrogging the last 2? years, but now some people missed their chance at draco/ct and suddenly everyone is crying about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoyed breaking fear and killing half the mobs to have another guild run in and get me death touched twice with nothing to show for it. Will be logging in again real soon and recruiting some friends to play as well.

******s.

This happened to me so many times while i was in Remedy/Dw, seriously it takes only one time to get you to ragequit?
Last edited by Nedala; 08-14-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Battles over CT and Draco in fear have been one of the most interesting raid experiences i had in eq. I would kinda be sad if it was gone. When i joined this server it was already a common thing to leapfrog others. Hell even divinity did leapfrog us on CT when sky was out and IB was busy up there. We had like 3-4 guilds competing for CT each time (DA, Divinity,DW and transcenden?) and i had a lot of fun, even tho we never got CT only a draco once in a while. Nobody ever cried about the leapfrogging the last 2? years, but now some people missed their chance at draco/ct and suddenly everyone is crying about it.
it was fun and it was competitive. wonder what happened to that?

Anyway, the point here isn't about fear. It's about the lack of respect, the rule-skirting, the douchebag behavior and zebras.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

These comparisons to live eq are so silly, I dont think any of you were actually participants back then because they're so far off course.

First off, nothing in p99 is new making this more difficult for people wanting to see raid mobs. Back on live in the early days of eq there were 2 servers to start?? I think that's right. Veeshan, and Bristlebane I believe. I played on Veeshan and /movelog when they opened the horde of other servers, anyway Veeshan had FoH eventually rise to power when enough people had leveled up and bunch of smaller guilds that spent time getting to know the game because it was all new.

After the movelog each of the new servers had maybe 1 big raid guild, some maybe had 2 and they raided while others continued to xp and familiarize themselves with content and what not, and as expansions came out the big raiders distanced themselves and eventually were usually at least 1 expansion ahead of any of the other guilds.

This can't happen here because it's only 1 server for one thing, and content is released slowly, and most importantly everyone knows what they're doing the 2nd time around (at least to some small extent anyway). So I dont understand why the methods on this server continue to shock and appall people, everyone wants to kill the dragon, some can do it better than others.

Top tier raiding on live was about 500x more vicious than anything I've experienced here, at least on my server.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
it was fun and it was competitive. wonder what happened to that?
Exactly. I too remember competing for draco and CT. It wasn't a leapfrog it was take different approaches to getting the mob. The strategy involved in the pull and when to engage.

Leapfrog is when one guild is clearly set for a raid mob like sitting on nagafens' stairs and you rush by them despite being late. Or when they are pulling traks lair to the bridge and when they pull the last jugg you rush up and engage trakanon. There needs to be rules to allow racing and competition but prevent people from being dickheads.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So because it's not in the rules means it's fine to be dicks?

How do you people not get this? Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".

The point is - some guilds are trying to have the raid scene be a fun place, where guilds can get along, and not be dicks to one another. Some other guild(s) are using this to their advantage. We get it, you get it, but don't act like it's anything than you being 100% dicks. You shouldn't need GMs to babysit you to not be a dick.
So true.

Just like if there were a group headed down to the crypt in Sebilis, but they chose to kill the mobs on the way in... Sure you could just IVU and pass their group up, but what kind of fucking dickhead would do that?

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:

This happened to me so many times while i was in Remedy/Dw, seriously it takes only one time to get you to ragequit?

I think then that you have been too busy to listen. This has been a complaint for all of that time, and when people try to bring it up or do somthing about it the guilds at the very top cry foul for even considering an alternative. But eh it doesn't matter because you will continue to delude yourself that it is all about your fun. I almost wish that the RED server would start so that you can go get that rush your craving for when you say you enjoy the competition of Zerging each others guilds for mobs.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Nobody ever cried about the leapfrogging the last 2? years, but now some people missed their chance at draco/ct and suddenly everyone is crying about it.
You might want to go re-read my original post in this thread and then stop saying everyone. The more you pretend the entire server is out to get you and hate on you the more your greedy selfishness stands out.

Our monks got FTE on Cazic, good for us. Our monks got DTed before he was in camp, bad for us. He resets, you engage, good for you. Grats on your kill. All facts no whine.

The exception i take you TR and TMO is you are first and foremost a Zerg guild.(This is my singular opinion and maybe not every ones) Any guild with 50to 60 people can all rush in turn on auto attack and win. When you take extreme pride in that and look down your nose at the other "lesser" guilds like its some extraordinary feat to mass recruit any D-Bag above lvl 50, you lose any inkling of respect the average player has for you. Especially when you have to accept just about anyone, no standards, to post numbers and end up with some real shitbag people that tarnish your name. When 2 guilds end up in this position and just having numbers isn't enough you start looking for every technicality or loophole you can exploit to give you an edge over the other. Then you come in here and start pointing fingers at one and other for doing some "absurd" measure to keep loots from the other, while simultaneously doing those same "absurd" things to do exactly that. I'm not telling you not to play this way, its your time to spend how you want. However you are out of your mind if you think everyone should get on board with how you operate and devolve the server into a total cesspool with 10 guilds poopsocking and training, zerging, and raging about what those other guys did over there.

You are not as special as you think you are, or maybe your mother tells you you are. You are not going to marginalize my experience on the server because you somehow think you are more entitled to play here just because you /played is a bigger number then mine. I know where I stand, and have realistic hopes and goals as to where and what i will get to see in BDA. I'm enjoying my experience for the most part, and i'll ask again, are you?
Closed Thread