Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will venture to say that regardless of the standards that we have and work to adhere to, both in guild culture and policy, they will A: not be what you want and B: as such not really important to need to justify to you.

The cynical person will sorta puh-puh the idea that we care about who we are as a guild entity, but the fact is that we've got people putting a large number of hours striving towards being both competitive and cool. It won't work all the time, and that is also exacerbated by the fact that we're all on the internet in a relatively consequence-free environment, but the fact remains and I would encourage folks to be prescient of that fact.
You mad bro?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Visage is a cum rag cunt fag. Just sayin.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Visage is a cum rag cunt fag. Just sayin.
yeah you mad
Old 08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned

Karsten dude, first and foremost I like ya, and enjoyed grouping with you a lot when Kunark first came out. Between Yendor and Skope, I don't see any point they are making that is remotely invalid or unfair. Karsten; your retort is to manipulate every word that someone "bashing" you has said and to turn it around to your favor.

I'll restate what Zenlina said a page ago. TMO does not take bosses from other guilds, we simply follow you guys and compete with you, why not do the same with us? TR and TMO have high numbers, some skilled players, and good gear. No doubt both guilds can and do break into fear, pull ct, and burn him b4 the massive train slaughters everyone. To end a semi pointless rant, you should man up, and play nice, not necessarily by the rules. I raided with this crap guild WI before they went back to live and got absorbed into DA. The best moment I ever had on this server was when Divinity, Trans, WI, IB, DA, and BDA we're all competing for the same CT. Let other guilds compete brew, you'll sleep better at night I swear.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
since this is in RnF now...

Uthgaard, reading that little pastebin suckfest between the 2 TMO/TR officers and you was like reading a gay penthouse story. Just 3 grown men with their mouths attached to each others scrotums and a lot of weird sexual tension in the air. Seriously, start enforcing that "douchebag" rule or edit the thread and get rid of it.

I fucking love you Skope.

Mythoxxus - TMO
Old 08-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

I had a somewhat bigger post made and my comp crashed oh god my life

the main points are:

1. we've all got different versions of what is moral and what isn't, which makes it hard for me to take a person seriously when they appeal to the moral high ground.

2. we've also got different versions of what is fair and what isn't, leading to similar conclusions on my part. In this same vein, we have differing versions of what leapfrogging (for example) is. does it constitute one mob? two? howabout if one guild has 50 at seb entrance and the other guild logs in 50 at trak ledge?

So, to address what you were saying yendor, I understand where you are coming from when you are essentially saying "dude, stop being dicks", yet at the same time I'm somewhat unsure as to how to react, since, again, everyone has their own version of what being a dick means.

I'm somewhat conflict averse, as the people who know me can attest to, but I don't lie down either -- I continue to sense that this is what some of you folks would like us to do. I'm keen on being cool about mobs, which even zeelot can attest to, but sometimes i'm a tad at a loss as to what exactly would make some of you folks happy. Is the moral high ground just sorta sitting back and letting other guilds kill raid mobs? And if we did that, would you be surprised if we still got flamed for somehow becoming magnanimous jerkoffs instead?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Dravingar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best moment I ever had on this server was when Divinity, Trans, WI, IB, DA, and BDA we're all competing for the same CT. Let other guilds compete brew, you'll sleep better at night I swear.
They still can compete, they just have to adapt to the way this server works which is FTE not hand holding we got some people in the zone, so let us have the mob uncontested.

As for TMO, I remember way back when I was in them, we joined up with DA to try for a CT kill where we would not get a single piece of loot just for the fact that it would be spiting IB/DW. Classy stuff indeed.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default ...

Man with all this negative publicity to TR you'd think we'd be hurting. Oh wait, their's like 20 people that read rnf. The funny part about this is all the hate from these other guilds yet if I copied and pasted our app page right now you'd all see a couple people from TMO, a few from Divinity, a couple BDA, some Taken.. etc etc

When more content is released we can seperate ourselves more and this will become a non issue.

I have no hatred for anyone on the server or any guild, I realize everyone just wants to be able to kill bosses because it's fun, but at the same time TR is out to get as much as they can, not necessarily by whatever means they can, but if it isn't against the rules, we're not the type of guild that will stand back and give a mob to someone else. Kudos on all you "noble" folks that will.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

sup gwence
Old 08-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Tempted to level my druid to 50 just for these. So is loot /random 100 because Im not reading this whole fucking thread.
Closed Thread