Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Suggested dragon resists?

Not that I'm really going to be engaging in any dragon raids, I still enjoy building my resist sets up so that I'm good to go when/if the time comes.

Obviously "more is better", but has anyone found any resist number where anything more than that doesn't help as much? My understanding is that all dragons require magic resist (for fear) then a specific other resist (poison for Trak, for example).

So, for the Kunark dragons, what would people recommend as the magic and element resist (before bards/potions/buffs)? Is one preferred over the other? I would think resisting the fear would be more important than resisting the AE.

And not that I have any level 52 toons ready for Naggy/Vox, but same questions apply.

Or do the current people killing them just let the enhanced resists from being level 60 be enough, get a buff and a bard and go to town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Levels are the best resists you can have.

Other than that prioritize magic over the secondary resist on dragons that fear (all of them but Trak and VP). Healers being feared = no heals, dps being feared = no dps, and MT being feared = big problems.

There are a few dragons (Trakanon and Gorenaire for example) that have a negative 150 save component to their AEs. This means that you have to really stack those resists deep in order to have a chance to resist it, i.e. 300+.

The best investment you can make starting off your resist set is:
Platinum Jacinth Rings x2 = 26mr
Golden Wolf's Eye Bracelet x2 = 14mr
Earring of Essence = 10mr

3-4k gets you 50mr over 5 slots
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Banned

Bruman if you wanna shoot me a tell in game we can go over some more monk specific resist sets etc. edit: home after 6pm EST

And if you don't - oh well!
Last edited by Szeth; 02-14-2012 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: added time
Old 02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

Awesome, thanks for the info. Yeah, that's why I figured MR would be more important on fearing dragons. Better to need heals than to run around useless.

My resist sets are already coming along great. I've been using the P99 wiki, and already made my shopping / camping list. The equipment pages are really awesome. I was just wondering when there's a cut-off.

Szeth - if you have any tips for gear that aren't on the wiki for some reason, then I'd be all ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

The one time I participated in a Sev raid I had about 300+ MR, ~200 PR, and I fully resisted all of his ae's. That should give you an idea.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Levels are the best resists you can have.

The best investment you can make starting off your resist set is:
Platinum Jacinth Rings x2 = 26mr
Golden Wolf's Eye Bracelet x2 = 14mr
Earring of Essence = 10mr

3-4k gets you 50mr over 5 slots
plus

9 MR neck - 105pp
sarnak embazened tabard(10mr)- 50-100pp

that's your bargain basement MR set right there
Old 02-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

Can be killed with 13 people here and no resists apparently if you're not a newb, or so I'm told.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can be killed with 13 people here and no resists apparently if you're not a newb, or so I'm told.
Sev uses a nasty poison-based DD/Stun AE (probably only Gorenaire's AE is worse), but since most Sev raiders are used to having 250-350 PR for Trakanon, they tend to resist his easily. If you have all of +Poison Resist buffs on, that's probably enough to resist 80% of his AE's at level 60.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is that all dragons require magic resist (for fear) then a specific other resist (poison for Trak, for example).

So, for the Kunark dragons, what would people recommend as the magic and element resist (before bards/potions/buffs)? Is one preferred over the other? I would think resisting the fear would be more important than resisting the AE.

And not that I have any level 52 toons ready for Naggy/Vox, but same questions apply.

Or do the current people killing them just let the enhanced resists from being level 60 be enough, get a buff and a bard and go to town?
Not all dragons fear! For the dragons that do (vox/naggy/draco/gore/talendor/sev) MR is your primary resist to build for since a feared player is a useless player. In addition, some of these dragons dragon charm, and that can be resisted with MR too. Their other effects (usually some form of DD/DoT) can best be prepared for by getting the proper buffs and having heals/dispell ready since they're pretty negligible. The only other resist I bother carrying is PR for trak, but you don't need much in order to actually resist his AE due to the way PR buffs stack on this server (shadoo, DMF, PR, potion... that's a lot of +PR).

Focus on picking up MR gear. Situationally you will also need PR and a to a lesser extent (VP assuming you are a DPS class) FR/DR
Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

I run with 420-440 PR or MR depending on fights I cop ae's.
Everything else I run 3520 mana out of LoS.

Reroll cleric. Its cheaper.
Closed Thread