Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oooruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please do roll on a pve server because you will probably be the guy in a 5 man who makes my life hell due to not having a clue.
Yes because not wanting to deal with autistic gankers apparently has something to do with PVE content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVE has always been easy, from open beta all the way through cata for me, that isn't what myself or Katrik were talking about. It's the seemingly vast majority of the people on Nost are kek/salty/9gag trolls with nothing better to do then gank "grey" opposing faction players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oooruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
please do roll on a pve server because you will probably be the guy in a 5 man who makes my life hell due to not having a clue.
^^^ had to quote twice because it hurt my sides, you'll figure it out eventually but pvp ≠ pve
Old 08-28-2015, 01:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started on Nost horde 2 days ago, only 12. Can anyone tell me how the lvl 60 AB and WSG scene is? Nost forums/reddit suggests that it is a shitshow, pug vs pug games never happen, and that it is usually 10v3 pre-made vs pug or something along those lines. I'm afraid to invest time to lvl to 60 if the bracket is as bad as people are saying. Someone give me some hope =P
Depends what rank you want to get. R13 or 14 you'll have to quit your job, divorce your partner, put your kids up for adoption and pvp about 16 hours a day. The russians and chinese have that shit on lock down.

They did something to their queue that tries to force pre-made against pre-made, lots of people don't like it. Usually the pre-mades just dodge each other.

Other than that lots of insta pops all day for WSG and AB. AV queues are a little longer.

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Old 08-28-2015, 02:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Hot tip - don't spec prot until 60. Go arms for leveling. All you are doing is gimping yourself.
You make a good point: general consensus on Warrior forum on Nost is that you can be in (almost) any spec for 5 Player Dungeons providing that you switch to Sword & Board (if appropriate) and let the group know if you're fulfilling a DPS role (loot rolls).

My short-term spec goal is 7/5/0. I then have maximum flexibility to decide what spec to go as I level.
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro
Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just started on Nost horde 2 days ago, only 12. Can anyone tell me how the lvl 60 AB and WSG scene is? Nost forums/reddit suggests that it is a shitshow, pug vs pug games never happen, and that it is usually 10v3 pre-made vs pug or something along those lines. I'm afraid to invest time to lvl to 60 if the bracket is as bad as people are saying. Someone give me some hope =P
speaking of premades just saw this on the Nost general forum, should answer your question

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20015

My last 9 arathi BGs soloqueue as Alliance today

by yxy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 pm
1: 3v14 (premade)
2: I enter, the game is already over 0-2000 (premade)
3: I enter,6vs14, bases already 0-5, resources 0-1500 (premade)
4: 1vs15 (premade)
5: I enter,7vs15, bases 0-5, resources 0-1200 (premade)
6: 4v14 (premade)
7: Game already 0-5 (premade)
8: 2vs15 (premade)
9: 1 vs 15. I decided to say fuck it and fight. They killed me at Stables and I ressed at the alliance base. Then two of their priest mind controlled me and made me walk through the portal. 15 minutes deserter debuff. (premade)
Old 08-28-2015, 04:39 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riotgirl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make a good point: general consensus on Warrior forum on Nost is that you can be in (almost) any spec for 5 Player Dungeons providing that you switch to Sword & Board (if appropriate) and let the group know if you're fulfilling a DPS role (loot rolls).

My short-term spec goal is 7/5/0. I then have maximum flexibility to decide what spec to go as I level.
You can tank any 5 man with any spec, just make sure you group lots while you're leveling to get the hang of it by the time you are 60. Also, as a 60 warrior, you have complete control of the group and people will let you roll on whatever you please. Tanks are that hard to find

But based on the fact that your short-term goal requires level 20 something I'd say you have plenty of time to learn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2015, 04:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because not wanting to deal with autistic gankers apparently has something to do with PVE content [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PVE has always been easy, from open beta all the way through cata for me, that isn't what myself or Katrik were talking about. It's the seemingly vast majority of the people on Nost are kek/salty/9gag trolls with nothing better to do then gank "grey" opposing faction players.

^^^ had to quote twice because it hurt my sides, you'll figure it out eventually but pvp ≠ pve
I typed up a rude response but then I decided to delete it.

If you don't enjoy the pvp server, I hope you have fun on the pve server
Old 08-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Sarnak

Arms all day. You don't want to be any other spec on a pvp server trust me. And also get the whirlwind axe as your quest reward at 30. Its slow and high dmg which is great for Overpower/MS. I clobbered a rogue 8 lvls higher than me with that thing. He hit evasion then he hit the ground.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They did something to their queue that tries to force pre-made against pre-made, lots of people don't like it. Usually the pre-mades just dodge each other.
Nothing like a WSG where you queue with randoms and get stomped in 10 minutes by top raid gear guys. Those ones where you choose not to respawn lol. How dare the admins not let them zerg the casuals?!!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
speaking of premades just saw this on the Nost general forum, should answer your question

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20015

My last 9 arathi BGs soloqueue as Alliance today

by yxy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:51 pm
1: 3v14 (premade)
2: I enter, the game is already over 0-2000 (premade)
3: I enter,6vs14, bases already 0-5, resources 0-1500 (premade)
4: 1vs15 (premade)
5: I enter,7vs15, bases 0-5, resources 0-1200 (premade)
6: 4v14 (premade)
7: Game already 0-5 (premade)
8: 2vs15 (premade)
9: 1 vs 15. I decided to say fuck it and fight. They killed me at Stables and I ressed at the alliance base. Then two of their priest mind controlled me and made me walk through the portal. 15 minutes deserter debuff. (premade)

Well that looks pretty toxic and incredibly annoying. I played during vanilla and though there was a pug vs premade I'd say 40% of the time, they were usually full games and reasonably enjoyable. This just sounds horrible lol. I think I may need to find a bracket to "twink" in a bracket where my enhance shammy doesn't get 1 shot by warriors like the 11-19 bracket. Is Kronos like this too with 60 bgs?
Old 08-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing like a WSG where you queue with randoms and get stomped in 10 minutes by top raid gear guys. Those ones where you choose not to respawn lol. How dare the admins not let them zerg the casuals?!!
Yeaaahhh, most WSGs are aids tho. I stick to AB, did that GM sanctioned bug abuse during first AV weekend to exalted tho LOL. #livetestingenvironment #5years

Glitterati Irons - Wood Elf Druid.
Closed Thread