Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

Discussed it with several players now and I played a wizard on live in this timeline, this AE spot was not doable in classic/kunark. Funny how chanters and pet classes ect get the nerf soloing 1 mob at a time, but resists in SF are fubar and AE groups are pulling 5% exp per pull. Guess it really doesnt matter this late after the kunark release.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Banned

Resists are fine. It's the fact seb and hs pathing is fu so you have to ae skyfire. When there I'll rez and buff anyone who asks and so will every chanter. What's the problem? Once every 20-30mins there is 40 seconds of risk at bw zone? Compared to every dungeon zone thats good odds.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what is wrong with setting up an AoE group at the OT zoneline? Since you just suggested someone else could level there. It seems safe to me.
Because they go underground and warp thru walls etc.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post is a combination warning and complaint about how AOE groups in Skyfire can affect an unsuspecting player.

The other day I zoned into SF and ran to the mouth of BW zone area, recalling from Live that this was a good place to pull too, there being plenty of mobs and a few nameds that wander near by. I wasn't there more than a couple of minutes before I was instantaneously being whomped on by a plethora of Wurms, Chromodraks and Wyverns. Needless to day death was swift.

At first I thought, what the heck? Is this a train? I didn't even see it coming. It turns out that it was the result of an AOE group doing it's thing at the BW zone line. I had heard a couple of people say that SkyFire was "no good" because of AOE groups pulling almost the entire zone. At the time, I had mentally written this off as hyperbole.

Now, having had the experience (or the lack thereof, heh) described above, I can see their point. The BW zone line and the area leading to it is a prime experience area for SF. The decision to do massive AOE fighting at this particular point within the zone seems somehow dicey to me. It isn't so much the fact that so many mobs at once are being pulled from the general surroundings, as it is the inherent danger in this type of fighting to passers by and other unsuspecting players.

I could wish that AOE groups would not set up right there and also that they would warn the zone before each mega-pull. As it stands, I actually have trepidation about simply approaching this area of the zone. For this to be understood, perhaps you'd have to have experienced what the experience was like. One moment, it was blue sky and a sunny day - the next moment, without any sort of visual or textual warning was: "WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP ... loading...".

To be fair, a cleric from the group (groups?) involved did give me a 96% rez, which was nice. On the other hand, that is a 4% experience loss and a helping of aggravation that I don't feel like I had coming.
I hate to be insensitive (since there are like 500+ other people to be that way on these forums), but QQ more. All I see is that you died once (not twice, not 5 times, not wherever you tried to solo - only in one spot in the zone) - and you got a 96% rez. This is an MMO - if you didn't want to be involuntarily affected by others' actions, you really shouldn't play MMOs like EQ.

Was that really worth your massive wall of text? I really don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Fire Giant

If you got beat down by the group's train, they probably fucked up & wasted 20 or 30 minutes of their own time, so don't give them any extra guff, eh?

Also, I've never seen a mob of any sort see invis in Skyfire, but I haven't exactly looked for it. Maybe it's just a small-ish % chance.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

The one mob that I've noticed sees invis several times is an old wurm.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

The bard needs the ability to zone and aggro dump the cleric, which in conjunction with the flat ground makes the BW zoneline the only effective area to AoE.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Banned

Chromodracs I believe see invis and will stomp you out son.

I'd never aoe there. Only time I ever went there was farming spells in front of VP.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd never aoe there. Only time I ever went there was farming spells in front of VP.
Every Chromadrac i've seen has not seen through invis, even the mature ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every Chromadrac i've seen has not seen through invis, even the mature ones.
It would truly suck if Chromadracs saw invis. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thank goodness they do not.
Closed Thread