Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Are you saying you know better than Nilbog what is best for the server, or how it should be run? The staff have made this (free, excellent) server selectively classic where they deemed it appropriate. It looks like this was one of those times.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Banned

I would love this item to work from inventory as well. Unfortunately this is one of those things where dev looked at this nearly 9 years ago and made a decision 7 years ago. Most likely this won't change because it would take better evidence that surpasses what was already given as well as dev consent and willingness to action. If you read the whole thread posted earlier then you'll find the answer to attempts at this outcome even if it's not to the liking of those that could use the item.

You had to read between the lines a bit but here is relevant dev quotes:

03-08-2011, 01:13 PM If you expect me to change something, you'll need to post links of what you're talking about. Thanks.

03-08-2011, 04:25 PM Warmly

03-11-2011, 02:21 PM It's enough information to make it droppable till its nerfed. So, that's fixed, pending update.

As far as ANYONE being able to click it? No. It would take undeniable proof for that to happen, as it creates a game balance issue with players hording the ability to bind affinity. That should be reserved for locket of escape, as its generally known.

DEF Sks though.. Fit right in with lore and comments.

03-12-2011, 02:08 PM You assume too much.

03-16-2011, 02:29 PM Comparable to locket?

Locket of Escape.. drops uncommonly, for a limited time.. from a rare spawn level 38 npc, at the bottom of a dungeon in Kunark.

Ring of the Dead.. was* questable, for a limited time, from a npc that is up 100% the time, and needs THEX MALLETS.

Additionally, everyone here knows that locket of escape could be used for bind affinity. That's.. the way it's always been.

Now I'm being asked for a Ring of the Dead, which I bet 99% of you didn't even know existed, to be equally as strong, recharged for 10gp, and will allow melee to bind anywhere a caster can, as long as they have 10gp and some faction, forever.

That.. is not comparable, and is the reason I asked for undeniable proof. Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 02:33 PM..

03-16-2011, 04:09 PM Your post yielded to me nothing, other than you want to use Ring of the Dead.

You assume that I intended some gimping of a spawn? Elaborate, and more specifically, bug report.

Also, 10% to me is considered ultra rare. The % is higher than that. Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 04:12 PM..

02-01-2013, 09:42 AM So according to the Treats link:

Quote:
12/7/99
The ring is no longer being given out. The reaper is the only reward;
additionally, the rings that were already in the game have been made nodrop.Sorry...
(nilbog)I assume the no drop change would have been made with the removal of the quest. Then, people try for months to get it.. later to be told by Abashi that it was removed. So likely it was made unobtainable in 12/99 as well as no drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard
It'd be cool that when it goes to no drop that the recharge quest could also get the newer multi-questing code upgrade since it adds an interesting angle to the item once that happens.
(nilbog)Quest is already written and functioning for multiquest support.

02-01-2013, 04:01 PM Pending update,

Ring of the Dead will be no drop if Airplane is released (01/00). (Both servers)
Old 02-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying you know better than Nilbog what is best for the server, or how it should be run? The staff have made this (free, excellent) server selectively classic where they deemed it appropriate. It looks like this was one of those times.
1- the bug section is for game bugs
2- I wasn't aware of the thread from ....9 years ago... but nilbog doesn't actually say either way so you know as much about what Nilbog thinks about the matter i as do
3- Go white knight the in RnF, not the game bug section ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love this item to work from inventory as well. Unfortunately this is one of those things where dev looked at this nearly 9 years ago and made a decision 7 years ago. Most likely this won't change because it would take better evidence that surpasses what was already given as well as dev consent and willingness to action. If you read the whole thread posted earlier then you'll find the answer to attempts at this outcome even if it's not to the liking of those that could use the item.

You had to read between the lines a bit but here is relevant dev quotes:

03-08-2011, 01:13 PM If you expect me to change something, you'll need to post links of what you're talking about. Thanks.

03-08-2011, 04:25 PM Warmly

03-11-2011, 02:21 PM It's enough information to make it droppable till its nerfed. So, that's fixed, pending update.

As far as ANYONE being able to click it? No. It would take undeniable proof for that to happen, as it creates a game balance issue with players hording the ability to bind affinity. That should be reserved for locket of escape, as its generally known.

DEF Sks though.. Fit right in with lore and comments.

03-12-2011, 02:08 PM You assume too much.

03-16-2011, 02:29 PM Comparable to locket?

Locket of Escape.. drops uncommonly, for a limited time.. from a rare spawn level 38 npc, at the bottom of a dungeon in Kunark.

Ring of the Dead.. was* questable, for a limited time, from a npc that is up 100% the time, and needs THEX MALLETS.

Additionally, everyone here knows that locket of escape could be used for bind affinity. That's.. the way it's always been.

Now I'm being asked for a Ring of the Dead, which I bet 99% of you didn't even know existed, to be equally as strong, recharged for 10gp, and will allow melee to bind anywhere a caster can, as long as they have 10gp and some faction, forever.

That.. is not comparable, and is the reason I asked for undeniable proof. Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 02:33 PM..

03-16-2011, 04:09 PM Your post yielded to me nothing, other than you want to use Ring of the Dead.

You assume that I intended some gimping of a spawn? Elaborate, and more specifically, bug report.

Also, 10% to me is considered ultra rare. The % is higher than that. Last edited by nilbog; 03-16-2011 at 04:12 PM..

02-01-2013, 09:42 AM So according to the Treats link:

Quote:
12/7/99
The ring is no longer being given out. The reaper is the only reward;
additionally, the rings that were already in the game have been made nodrop.Sorry...
(nilbog)I assume the no drop change would have been made with the removal of the quest. Then, people try for months to get it.. later to be told by Abashi that it was removed. So likely it was made unobtainable in 12/99 as well as no drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard
It'd be cool that when it goes to no drop that the recharge quest could also get the newer multi-questing code upgrade since it adds an interesting angle to the item once that happens.
(nilbog)Quest is already written and functioning for multiquest support.

02-01-2013, 04:01 PM Pending update,

Ring of the Dead will be no drop if Airplane is released (01/00). (Both servers)
@seduico Ya I read that after posting this, he specifically avoids saying anything specific. I read between the lines as well.

@everybody else[Eyeroll] this forum is such a shitshow now, do we not have the ability to just ask questions anymore and get a yes or no answer? Even the bug section on this forum you got guys popping off, offering no actual input to the subject
Old 02-26-2020, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Maybe next time leave out the condescending/sarcastic attitude towards the developers and you’ll get a better reception.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:50 PM
Banned

I guess by "between the lines" I mean dev received evidence and made change to no drop status of item, but did not make change to clickable by all status of item with same evidence.

Actions speak louder than words. Despite not spelling out what the dev had decided the action speaks for itself.

Again I'd love this item to work for all/all. I just am not holding on breath.

As far peeps on the forum acting in ways you don't like. I mean its the internet. All those tubes and connections. People bound to disagree and take it personally. Some awareness on the matter really comes down to how much time individuals want to spend time in a state of disagreement.

If I were to try and be solution minded to achieve a bind by any character on green, these are a few solutions to this problem:

1. Get better 'real solid' evidence and get dev eyeballs on the matter so they are fully convinced. (this task always falls to the one wanting the change)
or
2. Work out a plan to get a Locket of Escape.
3. Save to pay for a charge of Locket of Escape.

With the way Green /list system in classic was implemented, it is possible some version of /list will exist for Locket upon Kunark release for the short time it is available.

If you want to go the 1. route it is commendable but typically requires a level of passion, evidence gathering, and staying the course that most don't have patience for. I encourage anyone who feels right and has the evidence to back it to take that adventure.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

It’s settled business that it’s supposed to be tradeable and clickable by all, that’s not the issue. The issue is that nobody coded in the change, so they just gave Green the reverted code from Blue. I suspect there’s not much will to make the actual edit. I can’t say I blame them, but it sure would be nice if my Ring of the Dead became clickable...

Re:Locket, I would be absolutely shocked if Locket isn’t a /list item.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread