Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-27-2020, 03:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default still getting the spells error

I have cleaned out and reinstalled twice now

I checked that all of the spells files are from the current patch and I still get the error in the character screen that my spell file is out of date

not sure what to do?
Old 02-27-2020, 08:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ok this is fixed now in game
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 PM
Kobold

How was it fixed? I and partner installed v.53 update but are still getting spells file out of date error.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was it fixed? I and partner installed v.53 update but are still getting spells file out of date error.
same
Old 03-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Kobold

Can we please get some help from the nice P99 team or anyone who can help? I've been through reinstalling everything three times following the instructions to the letter and yet I still get the spells file out of date error. And so does my partner with a completely different machine, and apparently Synnun has the same problem.

We managed to connect with a couple of our original 1999 EQ crew and would very much like to play together. They're waiting for us to be able to have working installs before they try it.

Also to rule out one thing, we haven't played Blue in years so there is no issue with competing spell files for two different time periods.
Last edited by vossiewulf; 03-28-2020 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Large Rat

Likewise. I have just finished an install and patch v.53 for EQ Titanium Edition and am getting this error also and would like to see a resolution to the problem so I can continue playing.
Old 04-04-2020, 02:43 PM
Large Rat

Default same issue

Anyone figure out the answer to this issue? Im still having it after clean install.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Kobold

Tap tap, this thing on? If 10% of people post there are a reasonable number of people here who seem to be completely unable to play. I would hope that at some point that this would take precedence over bugs for people actually able to play?
Old 04-05-2020, 01:05 AM
Kobold

Ok as an experiment, I made a new Gmail address and a new login server account with EQEmu, and tried that.

I got in fine, with the exact same install that is throwing the spells file error with my other account.

That really doesn't make much sense but there it is, somehow the client validation is giving wrong answers for certain accounts? I don't know why account data would be involved with client validation but I was getting nothing but spell file errors with one account and am not with the new account.

I was small enough in Green that it wouldn't kill me to start over, I was very rusty first time anyway. But I doubt that's a viable option for most of these people.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Large Rat

An update for me.
I used an old archived EverQuest Titanium Edition folder from a previous installation and patched that. I was able to log and join a server without the error message.