Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you med, you should have to look at your spell book. Not sure when they changed that though on Live.
I think during Velious.

Also, before the change, you only needed to have the book open until level 35 (or was it 30?)
Old 05-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been wondering if the "lag" in relation to server ticks and such while medding were influenced by our new age net connections, the server expects a delay that doesn't exist and it creates the "off-tick" effect we see.

EQ was designed for 56k dial-up modems after-all, it probably expects a delay from us thats longer than we actually need.

I know nothing about the code though, just a theory.

Pretty sure the off-tick thing is because the client launcher tick is different then the server tick.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you med, you should have to look at your spell book. Not sure when they changed that though on Live.
I would not play a caster if that were still the case.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best: 3rd person camera, not even close.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, EQ always had 3rd person. The only thing that changed about it was that during vanilla, in the good 3rd person view, you could only zoom back and in and you couldn't raise/lower or tilt the angle of the camera. During velious they changed it so you could do those things. So it's all entirely classic.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

not having agreed upon server raiding rotation schedule on a geocities webpage.

rathe confirmed best classic server.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Being able to cycle through nearby targets with a hotkey.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what you're talking about, EQ always had 3rd person. The only thing that changed about it was that during vanilla, in the good 3rd person view, you could only zoom back and in and you couldn't raise/lower or tilt the angle of the camera. During velious they changed it so you could do those things. So it's all entirely classic.
I don't think mouse wheel zoom worked in classic. I think it has been added with Titanium which is post-Velious.

Back then you'd have to use F9 and that's it. Try playing a session without ever using the mouse scroll wheel to see what I mean.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think mouse wheel zoom worked in classic. I think it has been added with Titanium which is post-Velious.

Back then you'd have to use F9 and that's it. Try playing a session without ever using the mouse scroll wheel to see what I mean.
You're right, no mouse wheel zoom. I don't think my mouse even had a wheel back then. But you could zoom in and out using buttons. I think it was 7 and 1 on the number pad. Pretty sure it was.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right, no mouse wheel zoom. I don't think my mouse even had a wheel back then. But you could zoom in and out using buttons. I think it was 7 and 1 on the number pad. Pretty sure it was.
This is literally the first time I hear of it and I played 2000-2002. Anyone else confirm this existed during Velious? That would make the current zoom in/out very classic.

(But I doubt it)
Old 05-15-2017, 04:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Correct, classic didn't support a scroll wheel because scroll wheels hadn't been invented yet.
Closed Thread