Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secret vendors for inner circle
yikes pass
Old 06-24-2018, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that boy Phenyo gay as a hill giant

Dont Hate - Participate !
Old 06-24-2018, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

* The glitching is representative of hackers/3rd party program users.

Have fun.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry I have to be negative but I don't see anything about this server that will make it do any better than the current P99 red server. What is different about this server that will prevent it from dying like red 99?

The only major difference I see is that it allows boxing and item loot which, if anything, will make it even less popular.
Nothing will stop it from becoming what Red99 is. It will be a blast at launch and slowly get worse and worse over the next several years until it becomes Red99. Everyone knows this going in. Not everyone is trying to build up pixel retirement plans on Red99.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing will stop it from becoming what Red99 is. It will be a blast at launch and slowly get worse and worse over the next several years until it becomes Red99. Everyone knows this going in. Not everyone is trying to build up pixel retirement plans on Red99.
Fair enough, and I would have possibly played it for a while myself if it wasn't for the boxing. I'm too lazy to mess with that.

But just out of curiosity, if everyone knows it will only be fun for a while and then it will turn to crap, I wonder why they don't just plan for regular wipes and restarts. Or alternatively, try to find some why to prevent it from turning to crap without wiping it.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lulz, Lite, Smedy, Engelburt, Vanco, Willan, June, Shody, Colgate, Terp, Knife, and Scuttle to name a few notable nerds
false
Old 06-25-2018, 03:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough, and I would have possibly played it for a while myself if it wasn't for the boxing. I'm too lazy to mess with that.

But just out of curiosity, if everyone knows it will only be fun for a while and then it will turn to crap, I wonder why they don't just plan for regular wipes and restarts. Or alternatively, try to find some why to prevent it from turning to crap without wiping it.
Those are questions for Red99, most people that were interested in an EQ PvP server moved on a long time ago. The devs have no communication or interest in Red99 is probably the answer.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:29 AM
Fire Giant

1. Fresh start like Hippo said.

2. Future progression is on the table if popular vote is for it. (Past Velious.)
Old 06-27-2018, 03:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaboo_Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was initially going to try this server. Then I realized there's no anti cheat code in place. Going to be a mq2 fest.
mq2 + legal boxing

wut could go wrong?