Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Default Would anyone be interested in a server like this?

Ok, P99 is great and all but for a lot of us the end game is...well...it's just not something we're going to do for one reason or another. I can't be the only one who feels like the real fun of the game is the grouping while leveling up.

And yet, I've lost all motivation to play alts because it feels so pointless when I know there is no future of any kind for the character I'm playing.

So I was wondering, what if you made a server where all the endgame stuff was removed, or just didn't yield any loot so there would be no reason to do it and no high end loot contaminating the server. Instead, you cap the levels at 50 and upon filling the experience bar that last time which would ding you to 51 it instead resets you to level 1 and warps you back to your starter town. There would be some reward for doing this. Maybe you get to add stats to an item of your choice or something. Maybe something cosmetic. Make it matter but try to keep the power creep under control.

So basically, a server where everyone is forever leveling up but there is at least some ongoing purpose in playing a character.

If it was basically P99 but with these rules would anyone be interested?
Old 06-28-2018, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds easier to just implement AA.

-Mcoy
Old 06-28-2018, 02:07 PM
Banned

If you haven’t like really really played in a while, delete and start over

You’ll be surprised how much fun the game can be

We’re the final boss of the internet
Old 06-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

MMORPGs are dead man.

P99 EQ is a necro pet risen from the grave.

*Hear us cackle*
Old 06-28-2018, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

What makes EQ great? its part nostalgia for sure. It was pretty darn amazing for its day considering the infancy of MMORPG games, with its graphics which really were top notch. It was satisfying enough to be part of that game world and share with the other players.

So much focus on the video game aspect, sure it factors in and its important. Pre-Kunark EQ had it the best imo. Before Wiki's etc etc when you just got lost exploring or trying to figure something out. But with an emphasis on other people being just as lost as you are. It was new for everyone involved.

Being part of a game world like this is not going to be special for a new game, that experience happened 18 years ago and is now water under the bridge.

The ground breaking at the time from 2D to 3D. Perhaps VR will bring a "New EQ" type of experience but I think its pretty gay wearing a helmet and looking like Johnny Mnemonic. Computers in their form had been around for decades before EQ hit the scene. It was an acceptable medium across many walks of life, from school to business.

Mobile phone games are probably where you should focus, make a fantasy game with parkour and WoW graphics engine. PokemonQuest maybe but that age group is already in or out of college. Perhaps Dungeons and Dragons mixed with Paw Patrol.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 06-28-2018 at 02:47 PM..
Old 06-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Won't change anything.

Within a month of your server launching and becoming popular, the NEETbeards will form an ultra mega guild, create a 24/7 monopoly on all 45-50 XP zones, and sell access to mobs for plat and real life shekels.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:54 PM
Banned

I quit live during Velious so I never got a taste of AAs.

Would like to partake.

Of course not this server, but somewhere.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Would there be Shared Bank slots?
I'm asking for a friend.... really....
Old 06-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would there be Shared Bank slots?
I'm asking for a friend.... really....
unlimited shared bank and one free Moon Cat seller npc you can place in the Bazaar for your goods.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:43 PM
Banned

ground drop transfer like a real elf man
Closed Thread