Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on my 4th reinstall today, anyone else run into problems?
it's my 2nd. I cannot launch the game now. Going to have to do it a 3rd time.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mr. Nilbog, question:

This a result of my pet name research post? If so, possible to add, "Credit to Rygar for the complete list." or something? It took quite a bit of digging and figuring out, was pretty proud about it. Not that it is something I want for each bug report, just felt like that one was an 'above and beyond' type thing.

Am sad the Dalnir / Hole updates didn't go live, but lets me look forward to things in the next patch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool list from all the devs, Norrath going to be ablaze with adventure!
I've actually double-checked on live as well to make sure it's accurate but there is a very old list of all pet names that's been around for a while (because every possible name for a pet is auto-loaded as a special NPC in every zone). It's just a long-ass list that would be a pain to double-check and add.

Plenty of people have had their bug reports fixed in patches without credit in patch notes so don't expect your research work to be acknowledged specifically in patch notes unless it's actual dev work that possibly also impacts EQEmu :P That's how they've always done it.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 02-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by riczaj01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's my 2nd. I cannot launch the game now. Going to have to do it a 3rd time.
Went to work, but was having problems all morning, not just you man.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Speaking of taking credit for contributions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Nilbog: Sentry Kale will respond properly at dubious faction for bracer quest.
Yay I finally contributed to P99 in a very minimal positive way.

It didn't make it in the patch notes but I checked and Fabian's Strings quest is also fixed he has a MQ bank now. Faction for NFP guards or Soulfire quest now available with 50% less carpal tunnel!
Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

The only thing i was looking forward to was the knight updates since chardok is going to be ridiculous anyway. Looks like the melee changes were the only things not put into the patch. I thank you guys for your hard work though its much appreciated.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually double-checked on live as well to make sure it's accurate but there is a very old list of all pet names that's been around for a while (because every possible name for a pet is auto-loaded as a special NPC in every zone). It's just a long-ass list that would be a pain to double-check and add.

Plenty of people have had their bug reports fixed in patches without credit in patch notes so don't expect your research work to be acknowledged specifically in patch notes unless it's actual dev work that possibly also impacts EQEmu :P That's how they've always done it.
Takp made it just an algorithm since I determined the proper formula to prevent loading a list, don't see why that can't be done here.

Like I said, not looking for that every time of course, but it consisted of crawling like 1500+ old guild web pages to find a mountain of classic evidence to determine the effective list and confirming pet names aren't unique to class / body type.

I'm good without the credit understand, was just looking for classic points / acknowledgement [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. The thread was never mentioned fixed pending update, so it may not have even been used.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went to work, but was having problems all morning, not just you man.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...18#post2857918

read this thread, appears you have to copy/paste each file individually. I can now get to the login page, and get an error: "A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your interneet connection to make sure you are online. " "If the problem persists, please check our network status and scheduled downtime page for updates. if hte problem persists please use our help link for furhter assistance.

Cover isn't classic, has a werewolf on it, is that the new load screen?
Last edited by riczaj01; 02-10-2019 at 02:32 PM..
Old 02-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Default White Dragon Helm

*not in patch notes but fixed*

*White Dragon Helm now gives appropriate Magic Resist (30 total) +20SV MAGIC from Endure Magic (worn) and +10 SV Magic from the helm, amongst other stats.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chealin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*not in patch notes but fixed*

*White Dragon Helm now gives appropriate Magic Resist (30 total) +20SV MAGIC from Endure Magic (worn) and +10 SV Magic from the helm, amongst other stats.
Probably related to the 255 level thing?
Good to hear though! Wonder if warrior epic is giving proper +atk then
Old 02-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Telin: Corrected The Statue of Rallos Zek's faction.
Just looking for clarification on what this means, was Statue on the wrong faction?
Closed Thread