Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

Default What's your P99 quirk?!??!

Do you have to roleplay as an orphan gnome? Do you have to fashionquest above all else? Can you only group when you have 10+ hours to play? Do you feel dangerously unprepared if you don't have 50 sow pots, worts, and raid mats on you? Do you hate your hometown's bank!? Do you have to have a tink bag even if it's holding 10 .1 weight items?

What p99 quirks do you have?

For me
- Animals: When I originally played in '99 as a druid I never killed any animals. I swear I thought it was bad or would mess up faction or something? I haven't fully carried that into p99 b/c those animales have some good mats and XP but I still try not to unnecessarily poach my animal homies. I still wonder how my 14 year old self justified killing Dark Elves, Humans, Half Elves, and Dwarves but refused to touch an elephant.
- Swimmer: I try to get all my chars to max out swimming before they're in their teens. I also love itemizing for enduring breath so across my stable of characters I have a Rebreather, more than 1 Fishbone Earring, Singing Steel Gauntlets, Drums of the Beast, a Lodizal Shell Shield, Knotted Turtlebone Ring, and one of my favorites a Zombie Flesh Bracer.

I'm sure there's 1,000 other weird things I do but someone was making fun of me for all my plat sunk into EB items so I wondered what other EQ quirks people have.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of the above!!

I'm so quirky I could open up a Tawdry Quirks Store. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2018, 01:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, yes, yes, yes to all of the above!!

I'm so quirky I could open up a Tawdry Quirks Store. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arrrghhhhhh! Can you please list some of yours?
  • Must be a pirate.
  • Must be sexy as hell.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...Do you have to fashionquest above all else?...
Not really a huge quirk, but for me its mostly Dark Elf above all else, and fashionquest to me is another "Stat" almost as important as HP/Mana to really consider when buying (or bidding) on something.

Another thing, I cannot stand Faydwer, mostly the whole continent, but especially the dungeons that everyone else seems to have such a hardon for!! CB/Unrest/MM , overrated!! Not my favorite, nope!!
Old 07-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

My quirk is always spending every last platinum on marginal upgrades the moment I have enough instead of saving money for substantial upgrades. This is compounded by having 6 characters (just started a 7th) which all have full sets of gear im actively working on.

Result = always broke

2 weeks ago I decided to start saving for my rogue's epic MQ. port whored and saved up a couple k. immediately spend it all on a few pieces of dwarven cultural armor for my 35 cleric who is already at 200wis and doesnt really need it at this stage of the game. Starting from 0 again this week.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arrrghhhhhh! Can you please list some of yours?
  • Must be a pirate.
  • Must be sexy as hell.
  • My fashionquest game must be top tier from 1 to 60, and beyond.
  • I must only play one character, and that character must always be Gatmanno. No switching!
  • If I must have alts, I must not actively play them, and they must be beautiful Daniel Day Lewis correct-face halflings, if at all possible.
  • I must not care about loot or uberness, only adventure, and trust that any loot I actually need will flow from aforementioned will to adventure.
  • As an exception to the above, I must have all of the clickies and all of the toys. Yes, all of them.

probably more i'm not thinking of yet, it's like more implicit than explicit tbh
Old 07-10-2018, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

At level 5 I get a sow, a lev ring or dmf, rings of shadows/cloudy potions, and make the run to Cobalt Scar for the tooth. I kill Ziglark on my mischief bound necro and swap back to loot the shrine key.

I have a regular suite of items that I put on every new character by at least level 15: 4 rings of shadows regardless of class, weight reduction bags for as many slots as I want to fill, fishbone earring, jboots, etc. I like my trinkets. Pegasus cloak too, eventually. Always be floating.

Assling if class can be assling. If not assling, gnome. If class can't be either, cry a little, make a lizard monk, and live with the shame of height.

Also jumjum. I only consume jumjum if I can help it. I will port to misty, buy it, then port and drop transfer to my other characters. It's a problem.
Last edited by Bummey; 07-10-2018 at 02:17 AM..
Old 07-10-2018, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At level 5 I get a sow, a lev ring or dmf, rings of shadows/cloudy potions, and make the run to Cobalt Scar for the tooth.
Nice, I get the CS tooth early too, but not at level 5 haha. Stupid port rings trying to tell me where I can and can't go. I go where I want! ....except locked dungeons.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Gate always in the bottom right hand corner of the spell book and in slot 8 if I put it anywhere, root above it in both cases [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Heals always in slot 1-2 or both...and developed a habit on P99 of arranging the front spellbook pages where the spells I usually equip are down the sides in the right order. Now I've started it I can't stop.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

I must always accept a call to adventure, provided I'm not already on an adventure.

I can only cast spells that are contextually demanded by the current or upcoming adventure, although frankly this is really just a funny excuse to shoot down buff requests in tunnel 90% of the time.