Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 AM
Orc

Default Halfling Warrior

I'm in the process of creating a Halfling warrior and need some advice on stat allocation. I've heard adding 25 Dexterity is good if I want to min-max for Velious, but Halflings already tie for 1st on base Dex with Dwarfs (90). Would it be wise to just put the full 25 points into Stamina or are there other suggestions?

Also, any advice on gear to obtain while I'm leveling as a noobie? This is my first warrior.

Thanks in advance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Banned

depends on what you're trying to do with your war.. are you min/maxing to get a spot as a raid main tank?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Dump it all into to charisma and steal Mayor Gubbin's woman.

The best low level items you'll want are probably crafted BP and 55hp rings. I might have both if you can track me down in EC.
Last edited by Argh; 04-09-2015 at 03:40 AM..
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
depends on what you're trying to do with your war.. are you min/maxing to get a spot as a raid main tank?
I'm not necessarily looking to be main raid tank, but just being optimal for groups. Would 25 Dexterity be appropriate then? Also, would being Agnostic be the better deity choice?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dump it all into to charisma and steal Mayor Gubbin's woman.

The best low level items you'll want are probably crafted BP and 55hp rings. I might have both if you can track me down in EC.
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. How much for a BP and rings?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stCrusader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not necessarily looking to be main raid tank, but just being optimal for groups. Would 25 Dexterity be appropriate then? Also, would being Agnostic be the better deity choice?
Well to be optimal for groups, you should play a paladin or a SK.

If you insist on being a warrior, i would personally put all points into dex. More procs = more threat, and in groups that's what warriors struggle the most with. Also, in normal xp grind groups, most mobs are not dangerous enough to justify extreme stamina/hp. Slow drastically reduces the damage done by mobs, you won't see a lot of groups without a chanter or a shaman.

Agnostic halfling will allow you to go through every "good" city and outposts. So unless there's some sort of advantage by taking up a religion (cultural armor, maybe?) i'd stick with agnostic.

My 2cp.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:41 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well to be optimal for groups, you should play a paladin or a SK.

If you insist on being a warrior, i would personally put all points into dex. More procs = more threat, and in groups that's what warriors struggle the most with. Also, in normal xp grind groups, most mobs are not dangerous enough to justify extreme stamina/hp. Slow drastically reduces the damage done by mobs, you won't see a lot of groups without a chanter or a shaman.

Agnostic halfling will allow you to go through every "good" city and outposts. So unless there's some sort of advantage by taking up a religion (cultural armor, maybe?) i'd stick with agnostic.

My 2cp.
Thanks for your feedback [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always pick RZ for a warrior. it does not make you KoS in good cities, but it also does not help you in evil cities. and if the off chance that the really good cultural armor is added on this server, you'll be set.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Rallos Zek halfling warrior (I have a level 30 one) can use the RZ imbued plate set, it's pretty nice (runs about 8k when I got it).

Brell Serilis can use the imbued enchanted dwarven (even nicer) - although you'll be fine without a religion when you're ready to get the real enchanted dwarven melee armor (set of that runs about 25k last I saw though).

My RZ worshipping halfling warrior is even able to bind in Neriak (guards con dubious) - I think that's due to my RZ worship, since I was pretty sure dark elves hated halflings.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

Oh, and for stats, if you plan to use a fungi and want to keep that AGI above 75 to avoid the HUGE AC penalty, you may wanna plan for that minus 10 AGI hit the fungi gives.