Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is the realm of full on irrational panic buying.

It's fine to be stocked up, but that's silly. Not really sure why there would be a run on gas considering how much of that is automated and there really shouldn't be a virus scenario where gas deliveries to stations stop and refineries are completely disabled, but I suppose that's just how people are.
Indeed. All these dumbasses in Japan panic buying toilet paper cause of fake news circulating that Chinese factories closing down make it (most of Japan's TP comes from Japan). Now here I am with 2 rolls left and none to be found in store.

Guess I'll have to use my mask stockpile to wipe my ass.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed. All these dumbasses in Japan panic buying toilet paper cause of fake news circulating that Chinese factories closing down make it (most of Japan's TP comes from Japan). Now here I am with 2 rolls left and none to be found in store.

Guess I'll have to use my mask stockpile to wipe my ass.
Dude buy a Bidet on Amazon for $20 and shit like a king. It'll change your life.
Old 03-02-2020, 01:27 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eschatology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you prefer scatology to eschatology, you might be a redneck
Old 03-02-2020, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude buy a Bidet on Amazon for $20 and shit like a king. It'll change your life.
Oh yeah, I use them daily when I'm at work or out and about, but you still need paper to dry after washing, though definitely less than without a bidet.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yeah, I use them daily when I'm at work or out and about, but you still need paper to dry after washing, though definitely less than without a bidet.
Nah, you take one of these lay it down at an angle and squat over it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unopened rolls of toilet paper will be worth like 4lbs of rotten goat meat in our new world. You want to save those.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

How do you not get shit water everywhere
Old 03-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

It's on here in Philly. Not a single hand cleaner, the disinfectant and bleach shelving were empty it the largest Walmart. (Edit- this morning)

I dont get the bleach thing, people are starting to panic. I even got a weird if "your kids sick please for the love of God tell us and don't bring them to the day care" for my youngest.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Don't worry the store will order more. Uhh

This is the climax of the fear this week i think. Then it will be something new and time to move to the next circus event. Big shrugs all around
Old 03-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Banned

just use loperamide, TP is for dum. it will save you potable water too.
Old 03-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry the store will order more. Uhh
Well they're all ordering more. Every drugstore and supermarket and box store is going hey we need more hand sanitizer. So like when I was little, before Toyota came out with Just In Time inventory, stores had big backrooms and there were local warehouses and stores could restock in case of sudden demand, at least for a while. There was a buffer because retailers ordered in big lots and stuff sat in warehouses.

But JIT spread to the retail sector with what all the computers and all. An algorithm predicts exactly how much product is needed adjusted for seasonal variances and the factory gets an order for this much product and it lets its suppliers know and they start supplying and everything is smooth and efficient as long as demand is predictable and the suppliers are reliable.

The biggest demand for hand sanitizer happens around winter anyway I'm guessing. So they're producing the max hand sanitizer right now, it's not like they can crank it up too much more without retooling.

Purell hand sanitizer is made in the USA which is awesome. But does that mean they make their own bottles or fill Chinese bottles with the local goop and slap the label on and call it made? Hows that bottle ship, is it coming? I mean I'll buy it in a paper bag like I used to buy sauerkraut so I could snack on the way to grade school but that was a completely different plague.
Closed Thread