Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 02:10 AM
Banned

Default Sow Sword vs Druid Sow?

So not really sure if this warrants posting in the bug section, Maybe someone can clear this up for me. I did a search and looked around found nothing posted already, As it stands though a higher level classes buff will always overwrite, and a lower level trying to buff when a person has a higher level(ie lvl 60 cleric) heroism it will not take hold unless clicked off. (edit - I should add that, Even if a higher level casts heroism on you overwriting say 10 minutes left on a level 55 clerics heroism in slot 10. It will STAY in slot 10 in the new duration, not drop to the first open slot unless its a heroic bond which is a different spell)

So I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me if this is a bug, or Druid/Shaman sow takes priority no matter what. Mind you this never happened with sow pots if you clicked it at 60, and a druid sowed you at 60 it would just refresh in the same slot.

//Issue
I junk buff myself etc, I sow myself(via Blood Orchid Katana) to whatever slot 10-15. Lets say I put it into slot 15, a level 30 druid comes along and starts casting sow while slot 1-2 is open on me. Sow lands and instead of not taking hold OR refreshing from XX minutes to 36 minutes it will be placed into the first available slot open.

Now I have had similar issues(all of this on a level 60) with not being able to right click bracer of hidden see invis myself(getting the message will not take hold) despite no one possibly being higher then 60 could have casted it on me so I have to click it off in order to refresh it. But this isn't really what I care about atm since its more trivial then SoW

I just figured, If anything would overwrite a 60 sow it would be by another level 60 and not someone lower level. These sows casted by a level 60 via sword on myself or other players are just as fast as a level 60 sow from a druid shaman or ranger, not slower like a lower level cast. So why is a lesser sow taking place of it? I know pack spirit can overwrite a SoW no matter what level but this has nothing to do with pack spirit. If anyone has any info or knows if this is simply due to possibly a class spell being cast over a clicky item/potion taking priority(Which still could be a bug itself?) then any info is appreciated. If no one knows then I will continue onto bug forum.
Last edited by Silent; 03-21-2014 at 03:48 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

I would take a closer look at the duration. Clickies tend to get the scaling strength effects of a spell without the enhanced duration. In the case of say, sow pots (or sow swords, though I don't have one) your self-casted buff is probably the same speed as a 60 Druid/sham/rng cast but the duration is lower. Pretty sure with sow the difference in duration is only like 2 minutes between level 14 and 60 so it's not really as obvious.

Don't really know why heroism would not overwrite. That's probably a bug.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the case of say, sow pots...your self-casted buff is probably the same speed as a 60 Druid/sham/rng cast but the duration is lower.
My own experience with SoW potions is as follows: Duration is always 36 minutes. Speed is based on the level of the person drinking the potion. My level 60 character using a Sow potion runs decidedly faster than one of the wife's mid-level alts using the same type of potion. Player-casted Sow always seems to write over the potion effect, whether it's a level 60 Shaman or a level 45 Druid casting the SoW.

Danth
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Kobold

If this is happening always, it's prolly a bug issue though I don't recall this ever happening to me... At times, I get the "did not take hold" message with sow and can only think the person I'm attempting to sow maybe has pack spirit casted on them? Maybe that's your issue with buff slot changes, it was maybe pack spirit instead of sow that made the slot change? Idk other than that.. Hope this helps...
Old 03-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

I don't seem to have any problem landing Cecily's SoW on others, but I suppose I always just assume they have pack spirit if it's blocked.

A possible for reason for this is:
"Increase Movement Speed by 34% (L9) to 55% (L50)".

A L60 SoW is the same spell as a L50 SoW. Items, I believe, cast spells at a set level. It's quite possible that Blood Orchid Katana casts it's SoW as L50.
Last edited by Cecily; 03-21-2014 at 12:10 PM..
Old 03-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't seem to have any problem landing Cecily's SoW on others, but I suppose I always just assume they have pack spirit if it's blocked.

A L60 SoW is the same spell as a L50 SoW. Items, I believe, cast spells at a set level. It's quite possible that Blood Orchid Katana casts it's SoW as L50.
I'm fairly certain item procs scale with your level. jboots on my lvl 1 ikky necro lasts 3 minutes.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

SoW speed deffinetly got faster each level from 50-60 though, too.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 03-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My own experience with SoW potions is as follows: Duration is always 36 minutes. Speed is based on the level of the person drinking the potion. My level 60 character using a Sow potion runs decidedly faster than one of the wife's mid-level alts using the same type of potion. Player-casted Sow always seems to write over the potion effect, whether it's a level 60 Shaman or a level 45 Druid casting the SoW.

Danth
Sort of. If you're using sowpots on a char lower than 9, the duration actually scales down, too. This is a minor concern, but still :P
Old 03-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was always under the impression that this is how things were on live, being that Clickies were of the "Spell Level" not actually the caster. So a clicky sow, would be a level 9/14 speed or whatever. Just how i remember things, i thought a clicky sow or sow pots were technically worse than level 60 druid/shaman/Ranger sow.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 03-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Well my Lv 59 grrr druid's SoW overwrites my Lv 60 rogue's SoW and changes the buff slot.
Closed Thread