Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“I would love to be able to be toxic with no repercussions”
This is already a thing, in the form of fungi twinks/PLers monopolizing camps and zones, bards AE kiting, high end raid guilds monopolizing raid encounters, etc etc. If anything, doing away with the play nice policy would in some instances give your average casual player the means to fight back and level the playing field some. One of my fondest memories on red99 was spam casting snares on a bard AE kiting in the overthere until one landed and I was finally able to get back to xping.

Besides, it's never "no repercussions". In a game like EQ, where the social aspects and sense of community are the game, it should be the social repercussions that players fear the most. I say the devs and GMs have too much power, and it should be given back to the players themselves.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was even a common thing in Classic that people would bluff by saying "if you don't stop fighting *our* mobs, I'll call my Wizard friend over here and you won't get any kills." Except sometimes it wasn't a bluff, particularly since Wizards have the porting ability. They were able to be the police of Norrath. Although pet classes could still out-DPS Wizards a lot of the time even in Burst scenarios, since they had decent enough nukes on top of the (often very overpowered) pet damage. Waa waa.

After the Play Nice Policy got put in, that's when discussion about Wizard DPS being bad became rampant.
So this, accompanied with your previous posts claiming KS'ing/training are fine because they were supposedly allowed in classic and that green should mimic this, proves that - without a shred of doubt - your personal memory of what was allowed and what is acceptable is what classic should be. What if I remember all gnolls looking like Ted Nugent? Doesn't that mean they should all look like Ted Nugent? Or are you going to provide some evidence that wizards were the police of Norrath permitted to grief other people by Verant.

IIRC all of your posts suggest you are living in a memory where everything you think is law. Have you ever considered someone got away with doing something they weren't supposed to and that you're crazy for thinking that means it's allowed?

And yes, hybrid penalty will obviously be on green.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

What makes you think it will be a new server?

Annoucement was just a picture that says a new adventure
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

rogean takin us all camping? :O
Old 08-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes you think it will be a new server?

Annoucement was just a picture that says a new adventure
Hehehe, right!

So many possibilities.... so much conjecture! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-13-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't read any of this thread, but let me guess, half of it is zuranthium talking about play nice policy being unclassic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-13-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't read any of this thread, but let me guess, half of it is zuranthium talking about play nice policy being unclassic? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zuranthium for 500 please

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 08-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this, accompanied with your previous posts claiming KS'ing/training are fine because they were supposedly allowed in classic and that green should mimic this, proves that - without a shred of doubt - your personal memory of what was allowed and what is acceptable is what classic should be. Or are you going to provide some evidence that wizards were the police of Norrath permitted to grief other people by Verant.
It wasn't "grief". It's competition, and a living society, with players deciding what position they want to take within the world.

And it's not just my personal memory on the matter (which is perfectly sound, thanks). There has already been proof posted in other threads. The PnP was not implemented until 1 year into the game, and one of the game designers specifically talks in that announcement about how they allowed "kill stealing" (aka, competition via damage dealt) to be part of the game up until that point. Other EQ game designers have also talked in various interviews about how it was allowed and is something they want in their future games.

There are also articles/posts you can find via internet archive where players talked about strategies in 1999 for how to win damage races or how to deal with "kill stealers". It was part of the gameplay, and it was spicy. Norrath was alive. Also note that on EQ Live, they eventually abolished these aspects of the PnP, and contesting content via damage dealt is again the law of the land.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it's not just my personal memory on the matter (which is perfectly sound, thanks). There has already been proof posted in other threads.
I think the only thing that has been consistently proven about live CS ... is that the GMs/guides in that era were anything but consistent.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
It wasn't "grief". It's competition, and a living society, with players deciding what position they want to take within the world.

And it's not just my personal memory on the matter (which is perfectly sound, thanks). There has already been proof posted in other threads. The PnP was not implemented until 1 year into the game, and one of the game designers specifically talks in that announcement about how they allowed "kill stealing" (aka, competition via damage dealt) to be part of the game up until that point. Other EQ game designers have also talked in various interviews about how it was allowed and is something they want in their future games.

There are also articles/posts you can find via internet archive where players talked about strategies in 1999 for how to win damage races or how to deal with "kill stealers". It was part of the gameplay, and it was spicy. Norrath was alive. Also note that on EQ Live, they eventually abolished these aspects of the PnP, and contesting content via damage dealt is again the law of the land.
That's gonna be a yikes from me folks.
Closed Thread