Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

I have my doubts about people that THINK they remember how things were 15 years ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

MM does not have a 'high' ZEM. There is a slight one, but by no means one of the best.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I only remember mez/charm being an occasional problem in MM, like when someone would train to zone.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MM does not have a 'high' ZEM. There is a slight one, but by no means one of the best.
Crushbone and Befallen usually are pretty bad exp at 30+
Old 03-22-2014, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crushbone and Befallen usually are pretty bad exp at 30+
sol a can cover up to a similar range, and has a far, far higher ZEM. Trash that gnome faction bros.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

Classic MM had any Vampire with the ability to charm.

The old 'fears' about the zone was your character would be dragged back to the castle then killed.

What actually happened was a vampire charmed you after a train and as it's pet you walked back to the castle til charm broke.

Mistmoore was so freaking scary during this time, however it did not last long as they removed vampires ability to charm. Someone can look up the patch notes.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
negotiator could charm. I don't think anything else could
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

pathing is not classic...but, to make it classic you would have to intentionally "break" it to get it to be the buggy state it was on classic.

as for charming, yes. there are 1 or 2 mobs in zone that should be able to charm in era. more that should have been able to charm at launch. however, it doesn't substantially make the zone super easy "cake walk" mode.

as for ZEM, I believe this is actually classic.

the biggest issue for those in hunt of the classic experience is that you are playing with people who know the zone in and out. know how to pull it very efficiently. you are also playing with toons (even if you aren't) that are more than often VERY well geared and twinked. want a classic exp? only grp with folks wearing bronze and banded armor. zone will seem a lot more classic.

most of us play for fun...not in pursuit of some mythical classic unicorn we wish to catch a glimpse of.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pathing is not classic...but, to make it classic you would have to intentionally "break" it to get it to be the buggy state it was on classic.

as for charming, yes. there are 1 or 2 mobs in zone that should be able to charm in era. more that should have been able to charm at launch. however, it doesn't substantially make the zone super easy "cake walk" mode.

as for ZEM, I believe this is actually classic.

the biggest issue for those in hunt of the classic experience is that you are playing with people who know the zone in and out. know how to pull it very efficiently. you are also playing with toons (even if you aren't) that are more than often VERY well geared and twinked. want a classic exp? only grp with folks wearing bronze and banded armor. zone will seem a lot more classic.

most of us play for fun...not in pursuit of some mythical classic unicorn we wish to catch a glimpse of.
Maybe, but then we go right back to the question of what is and isn't classic - and more to the point what do they and what don't they have control over?

I can agree that technically speaking, they can't make the pathing terrible when they don't know exactly how it was before. But they could make mobs charm, and have chosen not to.

This is a pretty simple and good example where something has been left out, despite it being classic without dispute.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe, but then we go right back to the question of what is and isn't classic - and more to the point what do they and what don't they have control over?

I can agree that technically speaking, they can't make the pathing terrible when they don't know exactly how it was before. But they could make mobs charm, and have chosen not to.

This is a pretty simple and good example where something has been left out, despite it being classic without dispute.
I'm not certain that I would jump to the conclusion that Nilbog intentionally left out charm from NPCs in mistmoore on purpose, unless he has said this somewhere already himself.

From the past experience, I would more likely think that there is a 1) a reason he couldn't do it, 2) there wasn't enough evidence in the research to do it, or 3) he hasn't gotten to it yet.
Closed Thread