Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Project Manager

If npcs aren't charming properly, I'll bother people until it works. Charm should turn you into super AI killing machine. Also, PC pets charmed by npcs should remain charmed indefinitely. I had a water pet taken by a siren in cobaltscar that remained up for a couple days.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy
My bad. I forgot about nilbog's desire to see corpses littered across Norrath.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Aviak

I remember it being fairly common to get charmed in MM.

The "Vampiric Ancilles" must not have been Warrior-class in classic live, because I have fairly vivid memory of the mobs who did the charming being the platemail-wearing female darkelves that spawn starting as early as the castle moat/pit area at the bottom of the ramp just past the grave yard on the way to the castle entrance.
Last edited by Wip3ou7; 03-24-2014 at 06:41 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic MM had any Vampire with the ability to charm.

The old 'fears' about the zone was your character would be dragged back to the castle then killed.

What actually happened was a vampire charmed you after a train and as it's pet you walked back to the castle til charm broke.

Mistmoore was so freaking scary during this time, however it did not last long as they removed vampires ability to charm. Someone can look up the patch notes.
This
Old 03-24-2014, 06:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic MM had any Vampire with the ability to charm.

The old 'fears' about the zone was your character would be dragged back to the castle then killed.

What actually happened was a vampire charmed you after a train and as it's pet you walked back to the castle til charm broke.

Mistmoore was so freaking scary during this time, however it did not last long as they removed vampires ability to charm. Someone can look up the patch notes.
That would lower MM's average player count if implemented heheh. Plus would make the zone actually interesting, only fear there currently is getting trained without a warning.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Can confirm in 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Walked in on a giant MM train where castle was pulled to the entrance and that damn negotiator charmed me. Dragged lvl 18 me right into the castle. Charm broke on the bridge and she recharmed me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Almost got me back to her room before it broke and gargs slaughtered me.

By far one of the scariest EQ Live moments for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Had no clue what was in that castle... Never been past the graveyard. Being charmed is a frightening experience.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDrake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirm in 2000. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Walked in on a giant MM train where castle was pulled to the entrance and that damn negotiator charmed me. Dragged lvl 18 me right into the castle. Charm broke on the bridge and she recharmed me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Almost got me back to her room before it broke and gargs slaughtered me.

By far one of the scariest EQ Live moments for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Had no clue what was in that castle... Never been past the graveyard. Being charmed is a frightening experience.
Being charmed in MM was also one of the most impressionable moments I've ever had in EQ. This should really be fixed.
Closed Thread