Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Sarnak

Default P99 Staff Doing God's Work (400 accounts Banned)

As an insanely popular member of the P99 forum community and future P99 player, i want to thank all of the P99 staff for having the balls to stick to their guns and ban over 400 accounts for RMT and other rules violations.

This does nothing but ensure the health of this server and its community for years to come and builds consumer confidence in this server for current and future players even if there is a slight population dip from the mass bans.

Cheers to the P99 Staff.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

/applaud too

thx staff to get the server free from the cheat plague
Old 03-23-2014, 07:44 AM
VIP / Contributor

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
o.O Works now, what a weird website.
Last edited by Mezzmur; 03-23-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Merry Hammertime, Everybody!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ban over 400 accounts for RMT and other rules violations.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Large Rat

Default Account Bans

I just wanted to take a minute and comment on the banning of the RMT accounts. I was one of the people who purchased plat to buy items for my first character on P99.

I wanted to explain why someone new to P99 might purchase platinum at this point in the server's history.
  • Have the ability for a new player to level quickly enough to reach the level range of the bulk of players in time for Velious
  • To help veteran players of classic EQ entice newbie friends to the Everquest world by making the transition a bit more friendly in the beginning through a few fun upgrades
  • People new to the server within the last 3 months wouldn't have seen the initial warning message from the admins

I am aware that a lot of players despise platinum sales and believe it ruins the economy, but I played the original Everquest for many years (99-2007) and when I returned to Everquest in 2013 the economy was still going strong. People don't tend to buy platinum very many times. If you want a larger player base so that the game can be enjoyed more thoroughly by everyone, I think sending those 400 accounts a one-time warning would have served the community in a better capacity.

I honestly didn't think buying some plat to start out was such a huge deal, now I know, but it is too late as I don't have the same time to invest in EQ as I once did before I had the responsibilities of an adult.

I know the people who pay for the server and spend their time maintaining it were insulted by the plat seller saying they have never had anyone banned before, I can understand that being insulting, but "silently tracking" the accounts seems like a bad strategy. Why not just stop it immediately so new players could see how passionate the team feels about it?

Thanks for the short time in the somewhat classic EQ. I look forward to the flames tickling my ass cheeks on my way out.

-Prindan
Old 03-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by prindan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to take a minute and comment on the banning of the RMT accounts. I was one of the people who purchased plat to buy items for my first character on P99.

...I think sending those 400 accounts a one-time warning would have served the community in a better capacity.
So everyone's allowed to RMT once? Naw, there's no tightrope to walk there. People go from rags to riches in this game all the time without the need to buy plat...there's just a portion of the players who don't want to put the time in.

I've been here over 3 years and I still don't have more than 10k on my mule at any time, I keep finding ways to spend it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to get rich during Kunark, get a character into the 50s, hit Sebilis, profit.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I don't want ass prints on our door

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

can I has there stuffs?
Keriath
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
Closed Thread