Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm assuming that innocent people sometimes get caught up in such mass bans?
Everyone in shawshank is innocent
Old 03-23-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

400 buyers and not one seller banned, great job DEA...i mean P99 Staff!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm assuming that innocent people sometimes get caught up in such mass bans?
If you asked them I'd say about 300/400 would protest their innocence despite gathered evidence.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by prindan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wanted to take a minute and comment on the banning of the RMT accounts. I was one of the people who purchased plat to buy items for my first character on P99.

I wanted to explain why someone new to P99 might purchase platinum at this point in the server's history.
  • Have the ability for a new player to level quickly enough to reach the level range of the bulk of players in time for Velious
  • To help veteran players of classic EQ entice newbie friends to the Everquest world by making the transition a bit more friendly in the beginning through a few fun upgrades
  • People new to the server within the last 3 months wouldn't have seen the initial warning message from the admins

I am aware that a lot of players despise platinum sales and believe it ruins the economy, but I played the original Everquest for many years (99-2007) and when I returned to Everquest in 2013 the economy was still going strong. People don't tend to buy platinum very many times. If you want a larger player base so that the game can be enjoyed more thoroughly by everyone, I think sending those 400 accounts a one-time warning would have served the community in a better capacity.

I honestly didn't think buying some plat to start out was such a huge deal, now I know, but it is too late as I don't have the same time to invest in EQ as I once did before I had the responsibilities of an adult.

I know the people who pay for the server and spend their time maintaining it were insulted by the plat seller saying they have never had anyone banned before, I can understand that being insulting, but "silently tracking" the accounts seems like a bad strategy. Why not just stop it immediately so new players could see how passionate the team feels about it?

Thanks for the short time in the somewhat classic EQ. I look forward to the flames tickling my ass cheeks on my way out.

-Prindan
No flame, thanks for being upfront and honest about it. You are actually probably the first to publicly admit buying platinum, and I respect that.

Unfortunately, you broke a rule and must suffer the consequences. For those of you reading this, if you feel the way this person did, don't be afraid to ask for some starter gear. I have tons of low to lid level items id be happy to give a new player.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should have played on red where basically open admission of RMT goes unpunished
I figured two thirds of these 400 were $ektor$ accounts...or was this only blue?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

I would like to bump this thread in the name of justice! The kind GMs worked fast to assist me with the wrongful ban.

Yes, every man is innocent at Shawshank, especially Andy.

Be well and blessings to the other innocents that got caught up!
Old 03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Skeleton

well I for one did nothing wrong yet I was band this happened
I sel proxys spots on my wiz in chardoc and folks will pay me on my mule in ec on there mule how was I to know they would accuse me of a violation I did nothing wrong yet I was band
Old 03-23-2014, 10:54 AM
Banned

So awesome, I'm fully supportive of instantly and permanently banning all persons related to rmt. It keeps the game fun. Thanks guys
Old 03-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well I for one did nothing wrong yet I was band this happened
I sel proxys spots on my wiz in chardoc and folks will pay me on my mule in ec on there mule how was I to know they would accuse me of a violation I did nothing wrong yet I was band
what kind of band were u in?