Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will point out that I have started (it's still in the very early phases) an Equipping a Necromancer page in the wiki.

I'm trying to (over time) build out these pages to help centralize commonly agreed upon item knowledge (eg. Necromancers like Circlets of Shadow and Zlandi hearts), but still stay "encyclopedia-like" and neutral (so the pages won't say "you should get item X at Y level" or anything like that; that's for player guides). The goal is just to accumulate items/armor sets that some Necromancers (in some eras, when soloing/grouping/raiding) might want.

Anyhow, this doesn't help the problem of no pre-raid Velious gear list for Necromancers ... but since the new page uses that same list also I thought I'd mention it.

Oh, and one more thing: those lists are "transcluded" on the Necromancer and Equipping a Necromancer page, which means if you try to edit them there you'll get weird wiki code instead of the list. I added some code so that if you do that anyway, the wiki will now send you to the transcluded page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:...ar#Necromancer) instead ... if you let it.
The work you do and have done is greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of the wiki would very much like to contribute to it as well someday. Your guides are great and are very helpful.

I would love to hear from other necros what they would recommend. Things like coldain shawl/coldain ring are no brainers to add
Old 09-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Never contributed to wiki in my life, created account and filled in things prior to ToV drops in about 15 minutes. It was kind of fun.

I don't have a ton of Chardok knowledge, so anything that works better than Velious armor - fill it in.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:18 AM
Aviak

Personally for levelling I concentrated on getting a pre-nerf CoS, JBoots and AC/HP rings.
The rest of my equip is just cheap EC tunnel stuff. 2 of my slots are still no stat rubbish.
You don't really need BiS equip to level a Necro. It's nice to have but not really necessary.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Whoever updated, thank you very much.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

In my opinion there is no exact pre-raid BIS for casters in EQ because of the skill caps. It doesn't matter how you get there. Also EQ is very skill based, so even a weakly geared necro or enchanter can do wonders, and as a wizard you only need 255 INT, that's it.