Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The opinion of people who use hacks and are favored by the owners don't count.
Oh shit I missed this gem!

I'm fairly sure the GMs are dubious towards me at best. In the case of Drummond, threateningly. (Mutual feeling)
Old 03-14-2010, 02:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nobody really petitioned Indasha or pursued it. For a pegasus cloak, which we were able to obtain relatively easily, and just some random idiot who's character won't be able to progress to the endgame now, that's all the punishment we all needed to see meted out. On the other hand, you are an established member of the community, with certain trust and permissions to represent certain aspects of the community, and you threw all of that out of the fucking window when YOU ninjalooted 2 stupid fucking monk masks from fucking Divinity of all people. Taking all of that into account, it's no wonder even your own guildmates petitioned you for your despicable actions, let alone the scores of petitions the GM's no doubt recieved from Divinity and IB.
It's funny how you were saying earlier that the item didn't matter at all. When in that situation you say it was relatively easy to get another one so it obviously wasn't a big situation to you guys, what if it was a fire beetle eye or CoF? If it was a CoF you would of petitioned immediately and gotten Indasha banned probably... So far this hypocrisy doesn't make your point any more just, it just seems you sit on your high horse handing out life lessons to those you think have lesser value than you.

Not going to say much else except, I feel personally that Taluvil got too much punishment, the items were replaced and it was his first offense. Of course that's just an opinion, I don't run this server or pretend to, I just help run a guild here. I feel about a lot of the trains and other ninja looting situations people just don't make a big deal enough for the devs/gms to fix them. They have a lot of work to do and probably can't deal with every little squabble in every little zone. Now when the top guilds are concerned, they usually jump on it because those guilds are the essential heart of a the server.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

WHa? Fuck Indasha. She/he stole my levi cloak.

And I did petition it! It just went unanswered. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Whether it's a fire beetle eye or a CoF makes no difference ethically to the perpetrator Pikle, stealing is stealing.

What I'm willing to put forth effort pursuing =/= ethical guidelines every person with a shred of honor follow.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHa? Fuck Indasha. She/he stole my levi cloak.

And I did petition it! It just went unanswered. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was there, it went down something like this!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Indasha used iron reverse loot stealer and got the cloak, poor Doug with his Shikon Selo's shards just couldn't get there in time!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 AM
Kobold

Who cares? Doug is a jerk!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your guild condones ninja looting since they allowed a known ninja looter into their guild.

You dont need to justify yourselves, but who you allow into your ranks reflects on your guild. And right now thats a pretty shitty image your guild has.

If image was everything, there would be WMD in Iraq and Hasbinbad would be a popular novellist.

Of course, image is not everything, there are no WMD's in Iraq, and Hasbinmad settles for writing fiction on the P99 forums.

Jinsho, Tal nuked the items because at the time he honestly believed the mob was ours to nuke. The GM's ruled differently. I'm not saying deleting the items was a good move, I'm just saying it wasn't something he did to spite Divinity. We always share stuff we dont need with Divinity. You'll notice there is an absence of crying from anyone besides hasbinmad so this further proves my point.

He might sound like he knows what hes talking about but hes really talking out of his ass. I have old friends in IB and think in a perfect world we could all just be cool. But with guys like Hasbinmad around, it will never happen. A fact of which I'm sure he is very proud. And thats a shame for people like me who just want to play the game and avoid pissing off the server.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Kobold

Yeah I feel you Dukat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I think it's a lot of dumb personal issues that get in the way when it comes to dealing with other guilds. I have friends in all guilds and I think most people do too. We can't let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch, and I won't let anyone ruin this server (well as much as 1 shitty druid can do).

And I think this is another situation where everyone thinks they know what happened but probably have no idea what really went down, few do I'm sure. I just want everyone to know that when GC is up there fighting over mobs with you guys, we will not be douches under my watch. If we lose, we will try and lose gracefully. If we win, we will rub it in all your little faces! NO seriously, treat each other with a bit of respect and this could all be much easier.

You know a lot of old GCers are pretty damn good people! No wonder everyone poaches off our guild. Haha, have fun guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I hope to see you all in game
Old 03-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

<Insert troll content>
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

I left Trans 3 months ago due to unethical behavior of guild members and (mostly) leaders, and joined IB largely because they appeared to want more legit competition and fairness. After I joined, I found it to be even more so the case than I expected. You wouldn't believe the amount of effort taken by many individuals and the guild as a whole to constantly track raid targets. We often know within 30 minutes of a major raid mob spawn at 5am because Belmont and 10 other people are on their alts running around for the 300th time that day checking. So it's irritating to hear baseless accusations from people when the guild as a whole works so hard to be #1. And after joining it was clear that the extremely limited cases of unethical behavior were handled quite harshly within the guild and, thus, any shady behavior squelched pretty much immediately. If I were to say in guild chat that I KSed a Trans member, for example, even though many IB members don't think highly of Trans, I'd get a harsh word from Xzerion or any other officer within seconds, and it'd be pretty clear that if I continued to do things like that, I wouldn't carry an IB tag. Hell, if I KSed Taluvil, Hasbin would probably be one of the first people to yell at me.

The organization of IB does everything that is humanly possible to prevent cheating, exploiting, or rulebreaking. Don't give hasbinbad shit for being harsh on Trans members. He's fought that guild for months and months when they'd lie cheat and steal to win a race, and only recently finally gets the satisfaction of OTHER people knowing how shady they really are (thanks to Divinity entering the raid scene), and to fight legitimately for so long and be accused at every turn of Gm favors and hacking, when in reality the only ones doing anything unethical are the COMPETITION (the ones also primarily making the accusation), that's gotta wear on you.

But...Trans apparently has new leadership, a guy I respected when I was tagged with them so I'll personally give em a clean slate.
Closed Thread