Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brund the Decrepit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won't really matter what you play at first because once you start playing you will be so sucked in that you will eventually fill up all your character slots with alts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Jump on in head first and then figure it out as you go.
This. That is exactly what happened to me back in the day. I am hoping for that same experience. And I truly miss the original, so interface and all, I can hardly wait for my disc to arrive.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleirish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You say that now!!! Hahaha. After I set every thing up last night, jumped in real fast and thought hey shadow knight that looks fun. Pulled a moss snake and died. Got body attacked a fire beetle, died.. I was thinking man I don't remember EQ being this hard.
My guess is you made a non Ogre, Troll, or even Iksar SK.. if you had made any of those you wouldn't have that problem..

Also if you want super fast group XP and getting geared with epic quickly, roll on Red, app to Empire, The Curse or Fresh
Old 05-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not how you play a necro in a group setting, You should be lifetapping the entire time after snare sticks for DPS
I'd politely talk to a necro if all he wanted to do was lifetap...capable of so much more.

It's those necros that give the utility necros a bad name and why necros struggle for groups.

Charm an undead pet and you're probably up there with the monk dps of the group, carry on lifetapping tho when the pet could be doing as much damage without draining the mana bar.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Swish, you have no clue...raid or xp...a necro with a full mana bar or just feeding the cleric is retarded. You should never go below 30m, and never be above 60m or you are slacking as a necro... Lifetap Lifetap Lifetap for dps

I was always top dps parser on raid mobs in velious on Vulak because after my DoT's stuck i was tapping the entire time. This is what any good necro does, anyone who does otherwise is terrible at playing EQ.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

There's no point in a arguing with swish about how to play... Pretty sure he doesn't even have a 60.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not how you play a necro in a group setting, You should be lifetapping the entire time after snare sticks for DPS
Forgive me, because I've been out of the EQ game since 2003 until last week. I mained a wizard in a good guild on Prexus.

I actually agree with both of you on this, believe it or not.

Swish has a point. Those are all important roles for a necro to play when it's needed. Most likely, you won't need to funnel mana to the cleric for 95% of the fights you're in (MAYBE in a raid setting). Charm is a great tool as well and is extremely viable DPS wise. But, when those situations aren't there and your DoTs are in, I'd say lifetapping is a great source of DPS and one of the best for a necro. Just have to be ready to provide that utility Swish speaks of.
Closed Thread