Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 12:35 AM
Sarnak

Default Mage epic question

So I know this is probably a common knowledge thing but why exactly is mage epic soo unattainable? I'm fairly new mage and I don't really plan on playing anything else but it's a bit disheartening to hear I have relatively no chance at getting epic
Old 08-14-2016, 01:44 AM
Orc

The earth staff you need was only dropped by Inny for the longest time. The time line should be at the point now where Magi, a mini in Hate, has a chance to drop it. So it's not nearly as bad but iirc the drop rate might be iffy.

You might also run into problems with getting the crown from the last isle in Sky. I don't know how many guilds still run it weekly and even then how many actually clear that far. It could be safe to assume with how much time numerous guilds did run it for, that there are still a fair number of crowns floating around on bank alts.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:33 AM
Sarnak

Let's not forget phinny and quillmane...
Old 08-14-2016, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's not forget phinny and quillmane...
Quillmane is easy. It may take a few hours, but you can get it done in one day.

Phinny spawns every 12 hours and is pretty easy to kill with 2-3 pet classes. We killed him about 25 times and got 4 Magician staves. Rare, but easy to do and not unobtainable.

Undertow is more troublesome. Respawn time is 8 hours, it's a rare spawn, and on top of that the blazing wand is a rare drop from Undertow. It's not unheard of for zone farmers to kill Undertow for its Squallsurge Shawl, and let the wand rot.

Magi P'tasa is the biggest bottleneck. I've only seen him up twice this year. I haven't gone up to Hate as often as I used to, but there was a span of a few months where I'd be up there once a week.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Undertow not that bad, you can solo him.

Splitting the two guards can be a gamble. Just nuke one to death and gate and come back. Kill the other.

Recover and engage Undertow/PH. Undertow himself isn't hard, IIRC he is a wizzie and spends a lot of time casting his nukes while your pet grinds him down. Can chain pets too, if needed (probably wont).
Closed Thread