Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The slows actually have very obviously different cast times- Anyone that cares to know can easily figure it out by watching the shaman cast.
Maybe people expect less of an enchanter but as mentioned I was getting away with casting languid pace (30% slow, 2.25 sec cast) instead of tepid deeds (50% slow, 3.5 sec cast).

This was only due to not having the researched spell at the time, but the point being as long as people look to be doing their jobs it goes under the radar.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Aviak

This is just anecdotal,but for me in solb togors seemed to get resisted a lot while turgurs did not.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

If you're in a grind group the slow isn't the most important thing, its the efficiency...all that matters is time/kills. If using the higher level slow (or the lower level one) gets you to improve that ratio then you are making the right choice. The problem with giving an answer is that much depends on the rest of the group composition to determine which is best.

There are times when I was leveling my shaman in KC at hands, for example, that I would actually mem both slows during the WL/BG pulls, especially if I was the only healer or if the tank was soft. This had to do with worrying about getting a summoning BG/WL that could kill folks or me if there was a string of bad resists.

Most of the times folks just ask for stuff out of habit...rather than argue about why someone doesn't need a dex buff I usually just gave them the low lvl clicky if they asked to save myself mana. Nobody I have ever done that to has said anything to me...they know if you are cann'ing like a fool to keep the group rolling that they their buff ask is not the urgent priority.

On the other, if you're sitting at full mana with another healer in the group and a strong tank then you need to find ways of adding to the efficiency of the group...start dropping dots and nukes if you have extra mana, use the highest lvl slow, etc.
Closed Thread