Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was saying most group exp is crap because that has been my experience across hundreds of groups and a decade of p99 on both blue and green. Red group exp only was worth it because of a crazy huge exp bonus in groups.

I sincerely doubt the all groups you've been in were legitimately chain pulling yellows and reds.

It's cool killing tough stuff. But this line supports the argument that your group(s) have been inefficient. Killing a mob with 2 pets is quite plainly not going to earn a lot of exp for a group of 6. It's just not enough dps. Even if you have actually chain pulled in every group you've been in, if you're killing stuff slowly because your group is too light on damage, it's still gonna be crappy exp.
We've definitely been legitimately chain pulling yellows and reds. Of course, I think at higher levels this wouldn't be possible if you weren't geared. For example, I think if you tried to pull the HK Raider room without a geared group when the Raiders are red to everyone, you'd get crushed. However, at lower levels the mobs don't hit hard enough/have a high enough HP pool to really stand much of a chance against a full group if you're pulling one at a time. Low level EQ you really don't need a geared group in order to efficiently chain kill yellows and reds (especially, for example, if you have an Enchanter for Tash so that more caster nukes land). Average time for us to kill a yellow last night was like 10 seconds. Again, at higher levels I doubt we'd be able to do this.

I'm not sure what you mean by it's not enough DPS. You mean that it takes too long to kill the red with those pets so it's not an efficient way of XPing? I'd agree with that, but I was more using that as an example of how you can have an ungeared group taking down reds. That was also one kill out of the rotation since the Trainer only spawns sometimes obviously.
Closed Thread