Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Default PoM puppets respawn time

The puppets were up when me and a friend came to the camp.
Killed the first Tribunal Puppet and while fighting the 2nd Tribunal Puppet, the first one respawned on top of us. This was MAX 10 minutes after we had killed the first puppet.
Is this normal? What is their respawn time? Looking at some videos from this camp, it should be possible to clear the whole puppet area before anything respawns.
What am I missing? Has there been a new patch changing things? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

I think it spawns in game 7am or 9am whenever bristlebane pops. Since you killed him to keep puppets up you probably hit another morning cycle
Old 11-04-2019, 08:16 PM
Orc

Puppets are triggered by killing Geb one of the audience members who comes in around sometime not long after 4:30am game time. The puppets you started killing where spawned prior and someone must have killed Geb the trigger mob to spawn a second round, or all the puppets would have despawned. If Geb is not killed the puppets will despawn. Hope that clears it up for you.
Last edited by shortshot444; 11-04-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Old 11-05-2019, 06:21 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, there were some other players in the puppet area at the same time, so my guess is that they intentionally killed Geb and by doing so got rid of us, cause we wiped when they respawned on top of us. Not a very nice move, but not against the rules, I say. And next time, I'll make sure that we kill Geb ourselves to have full control of the script. Thanks for the replies and for clearing that up!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Puppets is weird.

Every day at 7am the puppets spawn. Geb is the first of the audience to spawn. If you don't kill him, a script runs where Bristlbane shows up, yells some stuff, and then he and the puppets despawn. If you kill Geb, the script doesn't run. Puppets will just sit up until the following morning. At that point a new batch will spawn, even if some of the puppets are still up - you can end up with 2x each puppet.

If you're doing puppet show, you have to start right when they spawn to avoid this.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Sarnak

puppet repop every 72 minutes like everything else, killing geb keeps them from despawning
Closed Thread