Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They’re farming them to make some money to buy stuff. Which is exactly what you will be doing at a very high level when you want to buy something expensive. Quit whining
Are you an actual idiot? I have multiple level 50s on green, bud.

I'm leveling my first solo class and have spent 2 days looking for a camp that is open. It would be one thing if I saw level 30s farming level 30 content, but it's always level 50s. I woke up early to try and get a camp, and that actually backfired since most level 50s choose easier content to AFK farm while at "work." (Always had a real/essential job, so that blows my mind).

It's so crazy that when I'm playing my alt and I tell my friends that things are being camped by level 50s... they don't even believe me. They're like why in the hell would a level 50 be farming that? There's so much easier/better ways to make money. The reality is they are farming that because they can do it while AFK.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2020, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

You can get an HG spawn.

[quote"You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam)."[/quote]

GM Galach January 22, 2020

Source: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s....php?p=3072385
Thread Name: "Hill Giants FTE?"
Old 07-03-2020, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"You can camp a single Hill Giant if that's the only one you are clearing. You must near that spawn, not kill any other Hill Giants, and engage shortly after spawn (before it starts to roam)."
- GM Galach, January 22, 2020
There we go.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Kobold

If you have multiple 50s already, maybe it's time to take a break bud.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree honestly. After this Shaman hits 50 I probably won't game until Kunark comes out. Trying to take advantage of unemployment while it lasts.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it only takes a week or two to get there, why is having several so bad? Green has been open, what, a year now?
Old 07-04-2020, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it only takes a week or two to get there, why is having several so bad? Green has been open, what, a year now?
yeah, some people are really bad at leveling. It's weird when you go to Unrest on your main to do Totemic armor quest, and pass the people who are farming the mobs that drop the item for it... even though they play more than you do...

When did Green start? October? Was playing WoW on classic and retail during same time period. Still have multiple level 50s on Green despite only playing for 2 months, lol.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:14 AM
Sarnak

This seems to be a perennial rant and I think I know why this is. Many people see this type of greedy behavior as antithetical to their perceived notion of an ideal online community myself included.

However, to me this is a feature of the sublimely anachronistic architecture of our beloved game. Having to share the environment in a meaningful way with friends and foes alike. Will the next adventurer you meet be the most awesome person you ever met. Someone you will you will go from slaying gnolls to dragons with and embark on epic adventures together? Or will it be some douchebag who KS’ your mob.

At the end of the day just try to remember that this game is a marathon not a sprint and the journey is the destination. You can’t appreciate the sweet without the bitter. This game
sure heaps out the bitter but makes your achievements all the sweeter. Stay classy fellow Norrathians and remember the golden rule. It’s okay if it’s in a three-way.
Old 07-04-2020, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

I like to think of all my fellow p1999 players as friends, none of them are foes.
Closed Thread