Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's funny how people act like it would actually kill them to have to walk anywhere in this game. I'm fairly wealthy and I still walk just about everywhere, and still regularly ride boats. I detest people like you. Angry memories of the Rogue in West Commons who took 2 hours to get to Sol B because he couldn't find a teleport. It's a 10 minute walk, tops.
Cool. Enjoy your walk from Mistmoore to Erudin dumb ass
Old 08-02-2020, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tips are stupid. People should just charge a price. Unless they actually are okay with only taking tips. Like, if you're going to get mad that someone didn't tip or didn't tip you as much as you want then just ask for a price beforehand....
People are stupid. On blue, I once spent 45 minutes on a druid in EC /ooc'ing "porting for plat", not one taker. Dozens of people paid plat for ports out of EC during this time, but it apparently offended them all that I wasn't pretending like the other druids and wizards. My policy is port friends free most any time, port guildies when I feel like it (also free), and others almost never. Maintaining a cheapskate/freeloader list is too much effort.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:10 PM
Kobold

My view on this is if you post your services for a tip your amount will vary depending on what the person wants to give. If you post your service with a set price then it will fix that. Its really up to the person providing the service to set the price they want.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Coming back to the game after 15 years or so, and frankly the prices for ports are insane.

When I ride a taxi, I don't get charged more because I am richer than someone else. Cab fares don't change depending on how much money I make.

If someone has to come get me for some urgent request in a far away zone, I can understand paying 1pp per level. If I'm right at the druid ring/wizard spire and looking for literally 1-2 minutes of someones time who also is hanging out at the same place, then I will give 2-4pp no matter how rich or poor I am.

Prices should reflect the service. You should not gouge someone just because they are higher level.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radalas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Coming back to the game after 15 years or so, and frankly the prices for ports are insane.

When I ride a taxi, I don't get charged more because I am richer than someone else. Cab fares don't change depending on how much money I make.

If someone has to come get me for some urgent request in a far away zone, I can understand paying 1pp per level. If I'm right at the druid ring/wizard spire and looking for literally 1-2 minutes of someones time who also is hanging out at the same place, then I will give 2-4pp no matter how rich or poor I am.

Prices should reflect the service. You should not gouge someone just because they are higher level.
Generally agree with you but 2-4pp is absurdly low. That’s much lower than even what was paid back in the day on live and honestly a great way to get put on every porters ignore list
Old 09-08-2020, 12:53 AM
Sarnak

It actually shouldn't be that hard. I'd wager that 5pp for a SoW is pretty standard, yeah? 5pp for 40 mana and 4.5 seconds of casting time. Ports are 300 mana and a 16 second casting time... and if we assume the porter doesn't want to be where they just dumped you, 70 mana and 5 more seconds for the Gate back.

On a purely mana calculation: 300/40*5 = 37.5pp
On a purely casting time calculation: 17.7pp
Half way between these is ~27.7pp

Perhaps the most fair way (in principle) to compare the two would be the total time. A level 50 druid with maxed meditate meds 21.6 mana/tick. SoW would take a maximum* total of 16.5 seconds of a Druid's time (4.5 to cast and 2 ticks = 12 seconds to recover if they start recovering immediately after a tick happens). A port takes a minimum* total of 94 seconds a Druid's time (16 to cast and 13 ticks to recover if they start recovering immediately before a tick happens).

This amounts to 28.5pp per port... let's just call it an even 30. My mage, who's level 50, is cool with that. My Bard, who I just started playing and is level 9... not so much.

*This gives the most favorable conversion conditions to the buyer. Note that we are now assuming the Druid doesn't mind being in their new place and won't be gating back... Just make it 35pp if you don't assume so.

EDIT: I'm perfectly fine with the 1pp per level model. This is mostly in response to the above post mentioning 2-4pp for a port... just... wow.
Last edited by Sabin76; 09-08-2020 at 12:57 AM..
Old 09-08-2020, 01:40 AM
Kobold

It's a tip, not an invoiced payment. If you're stingy then I just won't port you again. You are incentivized to pay well for a quality service.
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-08-2020, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been doing "Your choice... i can pay you 50pp, or when we land, you roll /random 100 and that is your tip" a few times... some porters like to gamble. I've gotten ports for < 10pp but also had to pay out 80pp+.... haha
Hah nice, I'm gonna try this.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Sub level 20, pay what ever you want
20-60, 1p per level
Ports are a luxery not a requirement
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radalas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lol 2-4 plat? Didn't realize Mr. Pink joined the boards
Closed Thread