Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

One of the problems with the SAC is that the rules have changed so much, e.g. the removal of invis pulling but then the addition of assist aggro and so on, e.g. it's very hard to imagine any Shaman soloing Tolapumj the way Svenn did even though they have better gear. When I originally made the list, tagging the queen would result in all 6 guards coming. Pacify lasting forever now is also helpful. So, some things get a little easier and some things get a little harder.

Still, IMHO the Queen should stay where she is. It's just a remarkable play by Liia and its impossible to imagine an Enchanter or Shaman doing it. I see that someone managed to duo the Queen before; I guess Savyy is an Enchanter and Healik is a Cleric? I wonder if the King is duoable as well.

It would be kind of cool to link videos for each class soloing each type. I think Tecmos has done practically all of them on his second enchanter Noman. I self-aggrandizingly edited the wiki a little accordingly, the idea being that for something relatively easily like the armsman we might even see Rogues or something doing it, e.g. by Enchanter (Loraen), Shaman (X), Necro (Y), etc.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the problems with the SAC is that the rules have changed so much, e.g. the removal of invis pulling but then the addition of assist aggro and so on, e.g. it's very hard to imagine any Shaman soloing Tolapumj the way Svenn did even though they have better gear. When I originally made the list, tagging the queen would result in all 6 guards coming. Pacify lasting forever now is also helpful. So, some things get a little easier and some things get a little harder.

Still, IMHO the Queen should stay where she is. It's just a remarkable play by Liia and its impossible to imagine an Enchanter or Shaman doing it. I see that someone managed to duo the Queen before; I guess Savyy is an Enchanter and Healik is a Cleric? I wonder if the King is duoable as well.

It would be kind of cool to link videos for each class soloing each type. I think Tecmos has done practically all of them on his second enchanter Noman. I self-aggrandizingly edited the wiki a little accordingly, the idea being that for something relatively easily like the armsman we might even see Rogues or something doing it, e.g. by Enchanter (Loraen), Shaman (X), Necro (Y), etc.
First off, thanks for starting the challenge (I'd forgotten/didn't know that you did)! And second, I'd love to see "qualifiers" (eg. "only possible with removed rules" or "only possible with puppet strings" or "clickies required" ... or whatever), or any other relevant details, added to the SOC. Hell, I'd even be in favor of a separate SAC list for each class.

The only thing I disagree with is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still, IMHO the Queen should stay where she is. It's just a remarkable play by Liia and its impossible to imagine an Enchanter or Shaman doing it.
I'm sorry, but that just seems classist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You wouldn't say "we can't mark this mob as soloable because only an Enchanter/Shaman can solo it", so why say that about Clerics?

But again, I think soloing challenging mobs is an interesting/wide enough topic that we could easily make separate lists for each class, and that would be the real solution (vs. having a list with a bunch of mobs that can only be soloed by certain classes).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Incredible job Liia. Another notch in your incredibly impressive solo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also first-cast Atone success. That's extremely lucky to roll that 1/4 on that die.
There is some evidence to suggest existing faction standing is part of the blur calculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What does everyone think: is this a "Solo Grandmaster" mob Or is this a "Solo God" mob
Solo God for certain.

Quote:
its impossible to imagine an Enchanter or Shaman doing it
Fairly certain ENC can do this as well, with a slightly different approach.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiter02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fairly certain ENC can do this as well, with a slightly different approach.
I'd be very curious to see it! Soulfires don't work any more, right? I guess slow would make some difference but the AE is still a lot. But ultimately that's the whole point of the challenge!

Also, I'm only the peanut gallery at this point, so you guys are free to change the ranks if you wish. The only reason I changed the links was that I thought it would be cool to have videos directly linked in the list and I thought a format that allowed different class/combinations would be most interesting.

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...hallenge.7599/ is a fun read as well.
Old 04-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Perhaps we need a new solo tier - The Nameless (i.e. the tier above God ... perhaps alternate name could be 'Brad' tier, rip)
Old 04-04-2021, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

ban for abusing door glitch
Old 04-05-2021, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Color me impressed. Fan-fucking-tactic.

I feel like you are probably the only one on the server who could pull this off.

Most of the other solo artist stuff, like fungi king and emperor can be pulled off by monks just needing hundreds of wort pots, slowstones.. pre soulfire nerf it was even cheesier but I don’t feel like a monk could ever pull this off. Love seeing clerics getting the glory for once, congrats on this amazing achievement Liia.

Waiting for Kelzaraz to prove me wrong of course that would just make my jaw drop even farther. If it happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2021, 02:15 AM
Fire Giant

Healik here; yes Raev, Savyy and I have duo'd Overking also. In fact, we've duo'd all 3 royals on the same night.

Here is a pic of one of the time's we've killed Overking and Queen within the 30mins corpse timer of the first kill.

https://imgur.com/cYq8ejW
Old 04-05-2021, 09:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bache [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good Job my man !!!

-Bibou
Quote:
Nice work pal! I was amazed you channeled the strings. Too bad the old solo artist challenge thread is dead.
Thank you my 2 good friends! And yes I was also surprised I was still in good shape after I channeled the strings! Worth a shot for sure after I got the Atone blurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is awesome ... and I want to add it to https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge (with a note: "Cleric Only").
Thank for your time on the wiki =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impressive kill.

I am a bit surprised you don't have strings as one of your 10 hotkeys and you went to mouseclick for the re-charm.

Also first-cast Atone success. That's extremely lucky to roll that 1/4 on that die.

I will say though, this interface disgusts me. More than 1 chat bar, so unclassic.
Not gonna lie. I have alot of good ideas and I know most of mechanics to use, but Im a damn clicker, at least too often. You can see I needed a damn GCD to cast Elixir on me and I just spam clicked like a noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiter02 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incredible job Liia. Another notch in your incredibly impressive solo list.

There is some evidence to suggest existing faction standing is part of the blur calculation..
Thank you sir! Always nice to have appreciation from another solo artist =). Regarding Atone, I have no clue if faction matters, but I think 1/4 (25%) chance to blurr seems pretty realist even tho I have never recorded any kind of data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I feel like you are probably the only one on the server who could pull this off.

Most of the other solo artist stuff, like fungi king and emperor can be pulled off by monks just needing hundreds of wort pots, slowstones.. pre soulfire nerf it was even cheesier but I don’t feel like a monk could ever pull this off. Love seeing clerics getting the glory for once, congrats on this amazing achievement Liia.

Waiting for Kelzaraz to prove me wrong of course that would just make my jaw drop even farther. If it happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you thank you. Also not gonna challenge Kelzaraz myself lol. He is a genius and have a very overpowered character. And maybe some other clerics could also pull that off but not sure if they have the commitment. Alot of tries, attempts and different strategy were done hehe. It just looks easy once its done in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqtrader99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Healik here; yes Raev, Savyy and I have duo'd Overking also. In fact, we've duo'd all 3 royals on the same night.

Here is a pic of one of the time's we've killed Overking and Queen within the 30mins corpse timer of the first kill.
True story, I was there. Even frapsed em!

@everyone Thanks to others I didnt take the time to respond also!
See you on the next solo kill .
Fuggernaught Druid 60
Aylar Lie Rogue 60
Extravadance Bard 60
Winajil Shaman 60
Raylei Mule
<Riot>
Old 04-06-2021, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lmao I miss Kelz. He hardly logs on anymore. He had one of the best accents. LORD JELLYNAK.

Kelz solo'd king with strings/Krup Knight as a pet. It's been a while since i've watched, I'm not sure if he used slowstone or not.

I can now solo the PH with an Abashi using the 2hb trick, however even that is a pretty close call. Yet, Twochain isn't BiS. Probably 4-5 pieces away from best in slot.

I think a Best in slot monk with a Gharns/Essence mace may be able to get pretty close to soloing king without the OP clickies (Slowstone, Reaper, Strings, 10k worth of wort pots, etc)

EDIT: Awesome kill by the way Liia! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]