Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel taking money from anyone because I’m wealthy.

Given how poor this person is it hurts my heart even more because I know they don’t have money to give away like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRMurphy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cash is for plebs
Relate to this so hard
To even use this I would have to go to the bank (I hate going to the bank), manually deposit it and then wire it to a trading account
Old 04-10-2021, 06:53 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They just handed it to me. They obviously got it... out of an ATM or something? The all 20s thing is weird to me.
...Aaand we needed the pictures to confirm what exactly?
Old 04-10-2021, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I'm not on Disability. They tried to put me on that when I first got out. It was offensive. Most of my friends are on it though, and there are times when I get jealous of them because they make like 65K a year to get high and play video games.
I’m not 100% sure because I’m only 50% disabled and it was a decade ago when I last dealt with my VA claims or looked at the pay chart but I’m fairly certain 100% disability pays nowhere near 65k a year. I get $850 a month which is a nice little bonus but doesn’t even cover the mortgage.

Now, if you meant to say their pension pay (if they retired with at least twenty years) combined with their 100% disability pay that would be closer to accurate.

As to your moral dilemma. I assume your friend is an honorable. That’s why he repaid the loan. It would be insulting to him to try and give it back. More valuable than returning the money would be to have a BBQ with him or help him with a project. Maybe you will each take from it something much more valuable than money.

Best wishes,

Lee.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
They asked if I ever had suicidal thoughts, and I answered yes, because I genuinely did. The next thing I know the doctor leaves the room and a bunch of security guards swarmed me. Like that's not exactly going to want someone with mental health problems really want to come back for help.

Also at the time I didn't really understand what was happening with my brain and I didn't think I had PTSD, I just thought where I had been in a country where no one spoke english and people were trying to kill me had caused me to have a weird reaction when I came back to the states and that they could give me a pill for a couple of weeks and it would go away.

Like I would actually get upset when they tried to say I had PTSD and would even attack family members when I found out that they had told other people that I had it.

I had seen friends when I was deployed have complete nervous break downs so bad that they got sent home early, and seen other friends sob uncontrollably and eventually commit suicide. This was while I was still in. I saw those people as the ones who had PTSD. To me I just had a weird condition where I was super nervous and having flashbacks all of the time, I didn't think it was PTSD.

Yeah, I made that mistake once. They flew me from Colorado to Sheridan, WY VA mental health hospital for two weeks. I was just being drunk and stupid and not even suicidal but they don’t fuck around with that shit.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not 100% sure because I’m only 50% disabled and it was a decade ago when I last dealt with my VA claims or looked at the pay chart but I’m fairly certain 100% disability pays nowhere near 65k a year. I get $850 a month which is a nice little bonus but doesn’t even cover the mortgage.

Now, if you meant to say their pension pay (if they retired with at least twenty years) combined with their 100% disability pay that would be closer to accurate.

As to your moral dilemma. I assume your friend is an honorable. That’s why he repaid the loan. It would be insulting to him to try and give it back. More valuable than returning the money would be to have a BBQ with him or help him with a project. Maybe you will each take from it something much more valuable than money.

Best wishes,

Lee.
I don't actually know what he makes off of disability, I just remember he was homeless and one day he checked his account balance and was shocked to see where the VA had back-payed him months (maybe years?). He had enough money to buy a house and pay for it in cash, and it feels like he's really financially stable now despite not working at all. I could ask him how much he makes... if y'all really want... hehe.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best wishes,

Lee.
I get like $420 at 30%.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get like $420 at 30%.
I'm really curious what he makes now... going to ask lol. I feel like he might lie to make me want to try and get on disability even more.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:51 PM
Banned

Looks like $3,100 a month? Far cry from $65K a year.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still though... where I live, $3,100 a month is decent money.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is really triggering.

If I was honest with the VA it would cost me big money and I would be put in a civilian hospital where some dumb lazy nurse ratchet would just do me harm..

Because for all the money the VA has they cannot actually do anything or have the facilities. Granted, I'm not a combat veteran. But, I have been down that road.

If you're a vet. Sign up. Get your money. Get your pension. Put it to good use. But, yeah. We still mess people up bad.

Hearing the suicide hotline b.s. every time I call them is extremely triggering to.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Looks like $3,100 a month? Far cry from $65K a year.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Still though... where I live, $3,100 a month is decent money.
It depends on what you claim. Mental stuff is pretty ironclad but you can claim blownout ear drums and get a bump too. Knees and back are easily accepted.

Not trying to take a dim view of it. Lawyer will know how to navigate your case.
Closed Thread