Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Sarnak

Default Tailoring to make money

Is tailoring viable for making money? Or would I be better off just selling mats and farming fs weapons or something to make money. I'm a new mage and I'm broke af. I'd eventually like to make a melee think character which is why I even made the mag.
Last edited by Vertiggo; 08-11-2016 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Tailoring is not a good way to make money outside of the very very very long run and even then it's questionable. In fact no tradeskills are good money makers on the short term.

If you are just looking to farm up some basic amount of cash to get some decent items for your melee twink, then I'd say just stick to farming some fine steel or something else of that nature.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Kobold

Depends on how much money you're talking. 10 slot BP's always sell and HQ bear aren't hard to find, so 60pp there if you don't mind hunting WK all over.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinbin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on how much money you're talking. 10 slot BP's always sell and HQ bear aren't hard to find, so 60pp there if you don't mind hunting WK all over.
It's all about opportunity cost though. How many silks does it cost to get high enough tailoring to do bags? You need to recoup that money first and foremost before it becomes profitable. Second, how many bears does it take to get a HQ bear pelt? For each bear you kill you could have killed a mob that drops a fine steel weapon. Lastly, sitting in EC and getting people to buy your bags, during all that time you could have been killing mobs that drop immediate plat items and also probably getting exp along the way. Hell you'd probably make more money just farming HQ bear pelts and immediately then selling them for 30p, then you would turning them into bags and trying to sell them for 60p.

OP if you want to make decent coin at a low level, head to North Karana and kill wisps and turn in their greater light stones for 10p each.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all about opportunity cost though. How many silks does it cost to get high enough tailoring to do bags? You need to recoup that money first and foremost before it becomes profitable. Second, how many bears does it take to get a HQ bear pelt? For each bear you kill you could have killed a mob that drops a fine steel weapon. Lastly, sitting in EC and getting people to buy your bags, during all that time you could have been killing mobs that drop immediate plat items and also probably getting exp along the way. Hell you'd probably make more money just farming HQ bear pelts and immediately then selling them for 30p, then you would turning them into bags and trying to sell them for 60p.
For sure. Depends on what you want your experience to be like.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Roll a Druid, and join Dial a Port. Fastest cash you will ever make.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

You might be able to make some cash by selling either leather padding or handmade backpacks (I think the backpacks might be a bit more consistent).

The crafting business isn't precisely what you'd call reliable, though. Depends on who's working on which tradeskill and when, if you want to sell supplies. You might want to consider investing in smithing to make banded armor for lowbies.

If you want to make a quick buck to afford your spells, tradeskills are not the way to go. If you can farm FS weapons to sell, I'd do that instead.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP if you want to make decent coin at a low level, head to North Karana and kill wisps and turn in their greater light stones for 10p each.
What quest is this? The research aid quest and then reselling the book back to a vendor?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:43 PM
Kobold

You can get tailoring up to a level to make 6-slot weight reduction bags (Large Tailored Bag) that sell for 10p-20p each, depending on market conditions. Easier materials.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Grind that tailoring up to velious skill level and make velious tailor armour.
People who make tailoring velious armor are making bank, even with fail rate.
Buying the pelts at 100-1k per is probably the hardest work you'll have to do. Then you can sell the armour piece for 3-5 times that value.

And they said rangers tracking was worthless. pft one of the easiest monkey making skills in the game. Tracking. So I recommend you make friends with classes that can track. Ranger, Bard, Druid... get them to sell you the velious items at a discount and reap all the rewards EC has to offer.

That is the best way that I've come across to make viable plat via tailoring. If you can't commit the time or resources to get that high of tailoring. You're better off camping items or plat mobs.

This site will help you with velious tailoring. http://www.lokari.net/everquest/velious.html

Example:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Haze_Panther_Skin (sells for 1k)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Yew_Leaf_Tannin (Can me made for cheap)
http://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_Boning (Can me made for cheap)
----
http://wiki.project1999.com/Haze_Panther_Tunic
Sells for 5k. I don't know how this makes sense to be honest. Sure fails happen but from ~1.2k to 5k. ~4k profit is not bad. So yeah at the moment how people are running EC it is possible to make plat tailoring.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-14-2016 at 10:20 AM..
Closed Thread