Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-20-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Mac Desktop Classic Darkness Issue

So here goes. I have played P99 on 3 different computers: (1) desktop PC, (2) Mac laptop, and (3) a Mac desktop.

Prior to the classic darkness implementation, I had no visual issues on any of the above. Following the implementation, the game is now unplayable on the Mac desktop, but is totally fine on both the PC desktop and the Mac laptop.

Note that I am not playing as a night-blind race, so it's not that. On the Mac desktop, the game is completely pitch black at night (i.e. no shading or anything) except for the very limited pools of light around wall torches. It's essentially worse than if I was a night-blind race. Vision buffs and/or equipping a light source does not really change anything at all.

I am playing on Wine, so I tried to adjust the gamma in there, but it has no effect. I've also tried adjusting the gamma in-game, which does nothing. I am playing in windowed mode.

Does anyone have any advice for fixing this on the Mac desktop? It's really strange that my Mac laptop works fine, but the desktop does not.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:19 AM
Fire Giant

My friend had same issue.

He uses another program in back round to solve slow mo issue. Whenever he started p1999 launcher first then second program (Grand theft auto 3) his EQ game would be very dark.

He solved this by starting the second program first then alt tabbing back to desktop then running p1999 launcher Second.

Hope that helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."