Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:31 AM
Kobold

Default Coming back want to lvl my shaman

Hi, I am coming back to the game saw i have a 35 shaman right now. I figure i should just keep leveling him but he has little to no gear i think i have like 500p. Where should i start soloing or grouping up. Just need a tip to start me off really I can figure it out after that.

Also - What gear should i focus on getting first i think i prob shouldnt be in hand to hand combat at this lvl so prob just get as much wis gear as i can.
Thanks Yall
Last edited by SewingMachine; 06-29-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Old 06-29-2020, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...unting%20Guide

Also, if you want to make plat, https://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide ... but I'd recommend focusing on leveling. Gear (or at least stat gear) makes very little difference to us Shaman: you will solo pretty much identically with or without +20 Wisdom (or whatever).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Loramin's got it right with regards to gear. I just did banded on my shammy and shelled out for WIS jewelry at some point, but rode that to 35 when I started going around and camping my own damn WIS gear. You are at the crux of turning that point when you can start just camping shit instead of having to buy it. For example, you can hit up aviak island in OoT and camp Soarin Brightfeather. He's doable at 35.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Kobold

had one other question i dont think i ever used the shaman pet before. I just root roted the whole time. Now do i just debuff mobs and tank um let my dot and pet do dmg. or just use the pet as a back up for when root fails.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
had one other question i dont think i ever used the shaman pet before. I just root roted the whole time. Now do i just debuff mobs and tank um let my dot and pet do dmg. or just use the pet as a back up for when root fails.
Pet is a good source of DPS. It can tank mobs, if the mobs are slowed. If your pet is hasted as well (Haste line of spells, not spirit quickening), it can get to the top of the mob's hate list. This means you could have your pet tank a mob, instead of having to root the mob all the time. This can be a nice mana saver, because you don't need to root as much. It is also a useful strategy when you are spamming https://wiki.project1999.com/Jaundiced_Bone_Bracer . This is because Direct Damage spells have a chance to break root. If your pet is tanking the mob, you don't have to worry about that. If your pet ever starts getting dangerously low on health, you can either heal it, or tank the mob yourself for a bit.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

I remember OP
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet is a good source of DPS. It can tank mobs, if the mobs are slowed. If your pet is hasted as well (Haste line of spells, not spirit quickening), it can get to the top of the mob's hate list. This means you could have your pet tank a mob, instead of having to root the mob all the time. This can be a nice mana saver, because you don't need to root as much. It is also a useful strategy when you are spamming https://wiki.project1999.com/Jaundiced_Bone_Bracer . This is because Direct Damage spells have a chance to break root. If your pet is tanking the mob, you don't have to worry about that. If your pet ever starts getting dangerously low on health, you can either heal it, or tank the mob yourself for a bit.
Thanks man this input i will try might go to NK guards and see how this works. Might try something like Guk as well.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Side note: I hate your sig, it gives me anxiety. LOL
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I have a few random pieces of gear you can have if you want.

Let me know and I can meet you in the tunnel.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 06-30-2020, 12:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Side note: I hate your sig, it gives me anxiety. LOL
mission accomplished