Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 06:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love that this is what they were trying to fix by making it a quest lol idiots
I mean... MMORPGs hadn't existed for 20 years with hindsight. But sure, maybe they are just "idiots".
Old 03-17-2021, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Were they "trying to fix" lines or did they just think the item was too powerful to be on some random level 25 named in a lowbie-ish zone? We know from that former dev streamer that they kinda threw shit together initially which is why GBS is on some random ass low level mob in QH despite being a top tier item for casters in vanilla. They were probably just "fixing" that the item was on a mob too low compared to its desirability not thinking that people would stop lining up to get one.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Were they "trying to fix" lines or did they just think the item was too powerful to be on some random level 25 named in a lowbie-ish zone?
That's a good question. I think they didn't foresee a few things; one is that run speed is an absolute dominating factor in fights. They also didn't foresee emergent gameplay as a result of that. (One of the first widespread "nerfs" was DOT Kiting; making DOT'd mobs take less damage if running.) Another is that initially 25 was half the level cap, and not expected to be reached for some months of steady play (they'd planned on 1 year for a level 50, IIRC).

They had "A Vision" (old schoolers will know that term well) of people grouping up and moving through dungeons, toe-to-toe tanking with support, dps, and heals. What they got was camping, kiting, pulling, and everything we know and love today.

So, my suspicion is that it's a combination of both.
Last edited by Frug; 03-17-2021 at 09:04 AM..
Old 03-21-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I still don't have jboots on like 30 of my characters. If I hit lvl 45 or incidentally get around 5k plat, sometimes I get them.

I've had 3 pairs gifted to me by sweet and kind gentlemen. Reimbursed two pairs for like 3k.

RIP my freely gifted Pegasus cloak on a banned toon.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Let me know when you’re back in Norrath and we’ll do a Quillmane camp if you like?!

I also got given a pair of J Boots on red. There are some good eggs there (Thunderdome).
Closed Thread